Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Getting charged for what should be free usage, cannot use data add on

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my two most recent top-ups. My top up offer is free any network texts and 250mb free internet. I topped up by €20 the other day and used the internet a bit. Nothing heavy just a bit of Facebook etc. My credit then reduced to just over €18, which I took to mean that I had gone over the 250mb limit.

I then bought a 1G data add on for €15, continued to browse (again, not very heavily) and discovered that my credit had fallen to zero very quickly, and I was unable to get internet access even with the add on.

Two days later (last Thursday or so), I topped up by another €5, which has now dropped to €0.56 after sending a few texts (which should be free), making a very short call or two (which I think should be free, I'm not sure, as I topped up by over €10 days previously) and browsing the internet a bit more. My data add on remains untouched, with the full 1G remaining.

It seems like I'm being charged for texts and data that should be free, and possibly being charged for calls that should be free too (but again I'm not 100% certain of this). If you could help me figure out what's gone wrong here I'd be very grateful. At the very least, I would like to know how to make use of the data add on that I purchased.

Thanks,

Leo

View more options
8 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
Your phone is currently using the ISP access point, which the allowance doesn't cover - if you change this to Live, you'll be good to go.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Thanks for that. Everything seems to be working fine now.
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good stuff, thanks for letting me know.

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Not applicable
What does ISP access point mean? I think I am experiencing a similar problem
View more options

Hi there,

Can you please advise on the handset you are currently using and we can talk you through getting this resolved?

Thanks,

Liam

View more options
Poster
Hi I just joined Vodafone today. I signed up to Vodafone X Weekends offer with 20GB. I checked my APN settings and it showed I was connected to the Live.vodafone.com apn. I had 10.50 in credit and when I used my hotspot for 5mins. All my credit 10.50 of it went. I though its free once on Live.vodafone.com apn ? :/
View more options
Community Expert
What phone are you using? Delete all other apn's present ecept the live.vodafone.com and any MMS apn's.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

If you are connecting to the live.vodafone,com APN, your data usage will automatically be deducted from the data bundle included in your top up offer. However, if you use your handset to hotspot / tether, this would be seen as a different connection type which would cause your APN to automatically switch from live.vodafone.com to the hs.vodafone.ie access point. To avoid charges over the HS APN, I would recommend that you follow cookies advice and manually delete the HS and ISP APNS's from your device - this should force any further data connections over the live.vodafone.com APN.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up