Search in Community:
Topics: 40
Kudos: 517
Solutions: 488

Frequently Asked Questions

[ Edited ]

I am getting error PP-BP-40 when registering a phone, what can I do?

We’ll register this for you, just put up a post under the relevant make of the handset, and a moderator will request the relevant details  – credit will be added 30 days after the registration date, and you will need to top up by 20 euros (or a higher amount) in one go to activate the credit. Also see below for offers that can be applied when you top up.

I am having issues with caller ID, what do I do?

Just pop up a reply via this link, and we'll get you fixed up. 

What special offers are available to me as a Pay As You Go (PAYG) customer?

We offer a range of top up bonuses to suit your budget, you can find details of these right here.

We also offer Vodafone cherry points, a reward system for our PAYG customers, that gives free topups, phones and other bonuses.

My credit is less than I expected / My credit seems to be dropping without me using it.

Do you have a smartphone with automatic updates enabled, or have you signed up to a premium text service?

These are the most common causes of credit being used indirectly.

Smartphones can pull down updates from social networking sites, email applications and other functions, leaving sites or apps running can also allow a continual data connection.

Whilst most smartphones include a WiFi function, this is usually switched off by the phone when in idle mode, and any further connections will be made over the 3G network until you ‘wake’ the phone up again.

To avoid this, make sure that automatic notifications/connections are switched off, and that you have a good idea of how much data these applications use so you can budget accordingly.

A guide to managing data services on the iPhone can be found here.

Premium text messages are those that deliver a service via a third party content provider (such as a joke of the day, football or lotto results) in return for a fee per message, they will normally be identified as being from a five digit number.

If you have subscribed to one of these services, and would like to opt out, simply send a text message back to the 5 digit number, containing the word ‘stop’. The provider will then switch off the service, though please allow a couple of days for the request to be actioned.

If you feel further action is required, the relevant area of the Communications Regulators site is linked here, this will allow you to contact the service provider directly, and raise any issues to the regulator.

I’m getting error 10.163.18.69:80/XMPBLOCKED/HOLDING while browsing the internet on my phone, what can I do?

This is an age restriction on your mobile number – as some sites are not suitable for younger users, there is a filtering system in place to protect them.

To remove this restriction, just pop into a Vodafone store with photo ID, and an agent can remove the restriction within a couple of minutes – if you’re under 18, you’ll need a parent or guardian to pop in with you.

I need to remove the network lock from my phone, how do I do this?

Just follow this link, and submit the relevant details (some browsers may not support this link, Firefox and the latest versions of Internet Explorer will display correctly) - some handsets may already be unlocked, so it’s worth trying a different operators SIM card before submitting this form.

If the unlock seems to be taking longer than expected, just pop up a post under the relevant manufacturer here, and a moderator will follow up for you.

As the handsets are heavily subsidised by us, there are some criteria to meet, and these are detailed at the bottom of this link (under the 'error message' section).

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 1 (19,290 Views)