Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Emergency Calls Only - Not Registered on a Network

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 was recently soft-bricked (stuck on the Samsung logo when I tried to turn it on), and I had to reflash the stock Samsung ROM to fix it. The phone works now but it is stuck in 'Emergency Calls Only' mode, when I try to call I am told I am "Not Registered on a Network" and I cannot receive calls ot texts. A further complication is I am currently abroad in Denmark so there is no Vodafone coverage and the only available networks are TDC Mobil, 3, etc. Is there any way to fix this on Vodafone's end without me having to fly back to Ireland?

Thanks in advance

View more options
9 REPLIES

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options

Hi John,

Thanks for this information. I've raised this issue with the technical team and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Liam

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Hi Liam,

Ok, thank you for your help.

John
View more options

Hi John,

The technical team have come back to me and requested that you try the sim card in a different handset and see if the problem persists?

Thanks,

Liam

View more options
Community Expert

I have a feeling the sim will work just fine, and if it does, then at that point there will be nothing Vodafone can really do to help as its an issue with the handset itself.

Ok, so you reflashed stock - Did you use the Stock firmware for Voda Ireland, or grabbed the international flavour stock firmware?

My first thought on reading this was that you choose an international variant, and somehow the simlock triggered during the flashing process. If so, flashing to Vodafone Ireland Stock Firmware should in theory remove the simlock again.

Other than a sim lock screwing you over, it could be the CSC file.

Again though, if flashing Vodafone Ireland Stock, then i would guess you are getting your firmware from SamMobile, who include the correct CSC file, so my question here would be did you include the provided CSC file in your flash?

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster

Hi all,
Yes the sim card works fine on other phones.

I used a stock firmware for vodafone Ireland, not from SamMobile as it requires a premium account, the file was in a .tar.md5 format. When I installed it with Odin I only had AP checked.

I suppose now vodafone can try to activate the phone,
The IMEI is: 35xxxxx
However now when I call *#06# it tells me the IMEI number is 00xxxxx which I believe is a factory mode IMEI number and I'm not sure why it changed or if it can be changed back.

Cheers

View more options
Community Expert

EFS issue then - the Imei your device is rocking is not sanctioned on the Vodafone Network - it's known to happen from time to time with a bad flash.

You can follow the guide here to get to a state where you can correct to the original IMEI - which will allow you back on the network

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Community Expert

Please dont post private information on a public forum as it is a security risk. It is also against forum rules. Instead Private message a moderator.

Mods wont be back until Monday to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click talk to us at the bottom of this page then choose whether you're on bill or pre pay. It should pop up then. If Chrome browser acts up then try a different browser as some versions don't appear to play well with the links.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

Digi is correct in pointing you towards your device guide - your IMEI number would need to amended before you can establish a successful connection from this handset on the Vodafone Ireland network.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up