Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Credit disappearing

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Since I started to use my new phone (Nokia Lumia 800) my credit is going without me making any calls or texts. Everyday about €1 just disappears! I topped up by €20 on 12 Jan, I have free calls and texts to Vodafone customers. Help 

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Community Expert

@San85 wrote:

Since I started to use my new phone (Nokia Lumia 800) my credit is going without me making any calls or texts. Everyday about €1 just disappears! I topped up by €20 on 12 Jan, I have free calls and texts to Vodafone customers. Help 

The lumia 800 is an always on smartphone..meaning it is always connected to the internet.

It is this connection that is costing you 99c per day im betting.

If you do not wish to use mobile data, go through your settings and disable mobile data. You will still be able to use it on WIFI, but outside of WIFI it will not access the internet.

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster

Thanks, just turned off the data connection. Hope no more credit is taken. 

My signal is gone now, have trouble with it all week. I have sure signal. 

How can I fix this? 

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,
Does it work if you turn the data connection back on? Sure Signal works over over 3G, so turning off the data connection may affect the transmission.

Thanks, Daz

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up