Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Could not activate mobile data service

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Ok, I signed up to Vodafone in December - got an iphone for free so am just on pay as you go (for now!)

I topped up with €25 to get free texts to any network and 150mb data. The next day ALL my credit was gone.. I figured out why.. hadnt realised with new phone etc i had internet turned on all the time... so I topped up by another €25 to get the same deal... except I not cannot connect to the internet, When i check my balance it still says I have the allowance in full left but when i try to connect i get the message above. I have no problem connecting when out to wifi or at home but cannot connect to mobile data!! Ive checked settings and have mobile data on... help!!!

Any time i try to call im on hold for waaaaay too long, and the emails take a few days to reply to so am hoping for a reply here.

Thanking you in advance

Smiley Sad

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Valued Poster
Hi there lilywhite,

That sound a lot like a physical and motherboard problem with the phone I would recommend taking it to Vodafone and let them send it off for testings and repair.

Thanks,
Sadiq
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
View more options
Frequent Poster

Go into settings > general > reset > reset network settings. 

That usually works when internet stops working. This will clear out all saved WiFi passwords so keep that in mind.

View more options
Valued Poster
Hi there lilywhite,

You could try the methods above and if they don't work best option is to get it to go off for testings and repair.

Thanks,
Sadiq
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@lilywhite wrote:

Ok, I signed up to Vodafone in December - got an iphone for free so am just on pay as you go (for now!)

I topped up with €25 to get free texts to any network and 150mb data. The next day ALL my credit was gone.. I figured out why.. hadnt realised with new phone etc i had internet turned on all the time... so I topped up by another €25 to get the same deal... except I not cannot connect to the internet, When i check my balance it still says I have the allowance in full left but when i try to connect i get the message above. I have no problem connecting when out to wifi or at home but cannot connect to mobile data!! Ive checked settings and have mobile data on... help!!!

Any time i try to call im on hold for waaaaay too long, and the emails take a few days to reply to so am hoping for a reply here.

Thanking you in advance

Smiley Sad

Hi lilywhite,

Thanks a million for your post and apologies for this. There are a couple of things here that could be causing this. 

The first thing to do is to check the settings on your phone are up to date. To do this, just plug your phone into your computer with iTunes open. If you get a pop up within 20 seconds like the one below, click download and update. 

carrier.JPG

If you don't get this pop up, send me a PM with the following info and I will check the settings from this side.

Mobile Number

Address

Date of Birth

Link to this thread

Thanks,

I am no longer a forum moderator.
If you have any issues please contact Daz or Paul
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up