Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Chat Extra - New Number - Can you keep your current number?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi,

Can you port and keep your current number when/after signing up for a SIM Only Chat Extra Plan?

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phonesAndPlans/phonesAndPlansHome.jsp?subPage=plans&planType=payasyougo

Thanks,

Philip

View more options
4 REPLIES
Community Expert
Yes you can. Mods may have to assist. They're back tomorrow
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi Philip, 

If you'd like to port your existing number to Vodafone from another network online you would need to select the first option - "Pay as you go SIM with your current mobile number".

Once your port has complete & you're active on the Vodafone network you'll just need to text CHAT EXTRA to 50222 to opt into Chat Extra. Once you're opted into Chat Extra successfully you can activate the offer by topping up by €20 in one go (make sure you opt in before topping up). 

All of the other options for signing up online would be for new connections so you would receive a SIM card with a new number & your existing mobile number would remain active with your current provider.

If you've any further queries on this just let us know!

Thanks,

Heather.

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Hi Heather and cookie20,

Thanks for the reply. Got it sorted by dropping into Vodafone store.

BTW, a note of feedback. It's not clear that it is actually possible to keep your number and avail of these offers e.g. Chat Extra on this page. I'd imagine for anyone leaving their network to come to Vodafone might stumble on this point as most people will want to keep their old number and want to avail of these offers. Would be good to add this point to the first option.

Thanks agin for the advice.

Philip

View more options

Thanks Philip & happy to hear you got sorted Smiley Happy I'll pass this feedback onto the relevant team.

Thanks,

Heather.

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up