Search in Community:
Poster

Cancel number porting

Hi,

I recently placed an order online on the vodafone website for a sim and phone, and for my current number with eir to be ported to vodafone.

I have been told how to return the phone for a refund but am wondering how to cancel the porting of my number as I want to remain with my current network for the time being, how do I go about this?

Would save both me and vodafone wasted time.

Thanks

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 7 (192 Views)

Re: Cancel number porting

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we would be unable to cancel a port in request once this has been processed. If you would like to revert back to your previous provider once your mobile number has been successfully moved to the Vodafone network, you can request this with your new provider directly.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 7 (185 Views)
Poster

Hi Aishling,

The port is not scheduled to take place until saturday at 12-2pm. Surely this can be cancelled, as is implied in this post, both by yourself and also apparently stated by comreg,

"They said that this was not correct and to ask again.If I was not sucessful then to raise a complaint via comreg."

Really would prefer for this to be resolved without hassle and the need to get in contact with comreg.

Message 3 of 7 (182 Views)

If you could private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can chase this up with our porting team?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth: 

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 7 (176 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,042
Solutions: 198

Mods can inveistgate but the only issue is that the post you linked to had 16 days before the port was to take place whereas you have only 4 days.

If the port cant be stopped it can be quickly reversed on the same day.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 5 of 7 (175 Views)
Poster

PM sent

Message 6 of 7 (174 Views)
Highlighted
Poster

@cookie20wrote:
Mods can inveistgate but the only issue is that the post you linked to had 16 days before the port was to take place whereas you have only 4 days.

If the port cant be stopped it can be quickly reversed on the same day.

Hi cookie,

Thanks for the reply, will see how the PM goes.

Message 7 of 7 (173 Views)