Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Activating a deactivated number

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi 

I have been overseas and have not topped up my pay as you go mobile for a few months. 

Is there anyway to activate my mobile no.

Help would be appreciated.

View more options
9 REPLIES
Community Expert

Vodafone can reuse numbers that have been inactive for long periods as per their T&C's:
http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/
How long has it not been used? 

Numbers and SIM Card
You shall not have any proprietary rights whatsoever in any mobile phone number allocated to you by Vodafone. Vodafone reserves the right at any time to alter or replace a mobile phone number allocated to you or any other name, code or number whatsoever associated with the Service.

You may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to your account.

If the equipment remains inactive or no call credit is applied for a period of 8 months or such other period as Vodafone may advise, all unused Call credit will be lost.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

If you send a private message with your number, address & DOB and a link to this thread, I'll see if the number can be reconnected.

- Aoife

View more options
Poster

Hi, I have this exact same issue - the sim card deactivated today. I'm also living abroad and haven't topped up in around 6 months. 

Can I contact someone to see if my number can also be reactivated? Thanks.

View more options

Hi Dermage,

If you PM the details I mentioned in my previous post (number, address & DOB and a link to this thread,), I'll take a look

- Aoife

View more options
Poster

Hi Aoife,

I'm probably being dense but I don't see the box on your post where I am supposed to send a PM (according to the how to use the forum guide), Checked in a few browsers.

View more options
Community Expert
Click her name and click message or click the link below:
https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/56376
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Great thanks - sorry knew I was being a bit slow! 

View more options
Poster

I have the same problem. Worked yesterday and won't register to mobile network anymore.

Any chance that my numer can be reactivated? (Sending PM)

View more options
Poster

The same problem here.

My sim card is not registering to any network.

Worked fine few days ago. I believe it's about 8 months since last topup.

Could somebode help me to reactivate it, please?
Marta

View more options
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up