Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Account reactivating

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

I haven’t topped up my phone in quite some time but this Christmas I was gifted a top up voucher. I tried to use the app but it says my account was locked due to inactivity.

I intend to actually use my phone this year. Smiley Happy

View more options
14 REPLIES 14
Community Expert

Vodafone can reuse numbers that have been inactive for long periods as per their T&C's:
http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/

How long has it been since last used?

Numbers and SIM Card
You shall not have any proprietary rights whatsoever in any mobile phone number allocated to you by Vodafone. Vodafone reserves the right at any time to alter or replace a mobile phone number allocated to you or any other name, code or number whatsoever associated with the Service.

You may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to your account.

If the equipment remains inactive or no call credit is applied for a period of 8 months or such other period as Vodafone may advise, all unused Call credit will be lost.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

I don’t know exactly how long ago it was last used. However I think the last top up was made maybe 7-8 months ago.

View more options
Community Expert

Mods should be able to reactivate it for you tomorrow. Or you could try live chat. To use live chat click support at the top of this page then choose the servuce you need supprot with (bill or pre pay. etc..). Click CHAT icon that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the next screen.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Thank you I’ll give live chat a go tomorrow 

Smiley Happy

View more options
Community Manager

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you, we experienced a high volume of queries.

Has this been sorted for you? If not, we can take a look if you private message your number, address & DOB, along with a link to this thread

- Aoife

View more options
Poster
Also in the same boat. Who do I DM to request a reactivation?

Thanks for your help.
View more options

Hi there,

If you PM the below info we'll take a look at this for you:

Mobile number-

Address-

DOB-

Thanks,

Danielle 

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

I can ring my number but cant top up.

When I try to log in it says account inactive.

Will pm details.

Thanks

View more options
Lf5
Poster

I have the same problem.  Can someone help?

View more options

Hi there,

Can you send on the below details by PM (via the link in my signature) and we'll take a look?

Mobile number:

Date of Birth:

Full address:

Thanks,

Liam

To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hello,

I have the same issue, can anybody help me?

Thank you

Salvatore

View more options

Hi Salvatore,

You've got mail Smiley Happy

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi Heather!

I am needing to ractive my sim card as well, but I do not recall the phone number. I have the ICCID though, will that suffice?

View more options

Hi John,

I've responded to your PM.

Thanks!

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up