Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

180 day top up rule for returning customer

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Agreed to come back to Vodafone two weeks ago.Was with Tesco for 3 or 4 months. Revived a text msg from Vodafone  today saying because it is so many months since I topped up that my number will be deactivated in seven days unless I top up. I joined the 20euro a month pay as you go plan, with the first month free. Have 17 days left until I need to top up. Tried the chat support twice today, as I was disconnected first time.Only to be told to top up now or get cut off as my old account was never closed. And yes I could just top up now,  but should I really have to. 

View more options
3 REPLIES
Community Expert

@Garspur wrote:

Agreed to come back to Vodafone two weeks ago.Was with Tesco for 3 or 4 months. Revived a text msg from Vodafone  today saying because it is so many months since I topped up that my number will be deactivated in seven days unless I top up. I joined the 20euro a month pay as you go plan, with the first month free. Have 17 days left until I need to top up. Tried the chat support twice today, as I was disconnected first time.Only to be told to top up now or get cut off as my old account was never closed. And yes I could just top up now,  but should I really have to. 

I guess more context is needed around the "agreed to come back to Vodafone" part before i could commnet on if you should really have to or not.

Personally, i think that if existing customers are expected to top up once every 180 days to keep their account active, and you were an existing customer during this time, then the same rules should apply to you.

However, if your return was due to Vodafone talking you into returning, then i personally think the imminent expiry of your account should have been something they mentioned to you and perhaps offered to waive or delay as a part of your return as a top up will clearly not be needed until the free portion you were given expires.

I can't say either way without proper context but thats where i would stand on each Smiley Happy

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster

Yes they contacted me. Think it was called the win back team. Told me to try the 1 month free and see what I thought of the service now. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up