Close announcement

Mobile Network & Coverage

international call's failing

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Frequent Poster

Hi i am having trouble with my iphone 5s i cannot make call's to northern ireland or the uk my friend in belfast can call & text me but i can only text him if i try to call him it says call failed. At first i thought it was just a covrage problem on his end but i tried to make a call to england today and the call's failed also can some one look into this for me.

View more options
17 REPLIES
Valued Poster

There is quiet possibly a bar on international numbers on the handset, Can you PM Daz the following

Name

Number

Date of Birth 

And a link to this thread 

He'll look into it and get back to you

EJ

The day of idiots is upon us!!!!
View more options
Frequent Poster

Hey Evil thanks for the reply i have pm'ed daz there..

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
If you restart the phone you should be good to go now.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Frequent Poster
Thanks Daz it's working now.
View more options
Poster

hi i cant make international calls from my new iphone, ive just switched to billpay, i can text but not call and i have 100 free mins in my package. 

View more options
Hi there,

There is no international bar active on your account.
Can you switch your phone off and on and make a test call please?

If this is still not working can you let us know if you are getting an error message?

Thanks,
Danielle
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi,

Im having the same problem as the above. Im trying to dial a UK number but keep getting 'Call Failed'.

Tried turning the phone on and off but still the same problem.

View more options
Poster

Hello, there was a problem. I use Freenet package for 30euro. free call and text, 100 international minutes, 500 mb date. I use the internet, and use the money instead ami mb. why? please fix and return the money !!! thanks in advance !!!

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ElighWarrior,

That should be sorted out for you now. Just restart your phone and the international bar will be gone.

Regards

Sean

If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Bukka89,

I've taken a look at your account and there are no charges for international calls. All the charges are for data usage and an IOU sent to another number. It appears that your phone is using an incorrect apn, hence the data charges. If you go into the data settings on your phone and check access point names, you need to untick the one that is labelled hs.vodafone and tick live.vodafone.

Regards

Sean

View more options
Poster

Hello

I have a similar problem accept i can call but instead of ending the call i start losing my minutes and the person im calling internationaly does not recieve the call. There phone never rings but im here losing my international minutes. Can you please help me with this.

Thank you

View more options
Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can ask the technical team to look into this for you?

Mobile no.:
Contact number:
Address:
Date of birth:
Time, date and number dialled of a test call:
Make and model of phone:
Link to your thread or post:

Thanks.
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

I am on p&g phone with 100 international mins and when I make international call it tells me it is not able to conect me but the person on the other side gets message to tell them i am calling when they answer they only get beeps 

View more options
Community Expert

Mods wont be back until Monday to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click talk to us at the bottom of this page then choose whether you're on bill or pre pay. It should pop up then. If Chrome browser acts up then try a different browser as some versions don't appear to play well with the links.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay in responding, your message appears to have been missed by our system. Can you please confirm if you're still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

I can't make international call, I have try everything, please help

View more options

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, we can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Heather.

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up