Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Network & Coverage

WiFi Calling - Replacement for Sure Signal box

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi

Anyone got any information on the new Vodafone "WiFi Calling" service which is coming to Ireland in early 2018 to replace the Vodafone Sure Signal box service?

Ian

View more options
13 REPLIES
Poster
View more options
Poster

My sure signal box broke at the beginning of the year and I can't use my mobile phone at home any more because the signal is so bad. I work from home so this is a major drawback. Whenever I phone up and ask about wifi calling, noone at Vodafone nver knows anything about it. They told me today to check back in August. The article posted dates back to August. It's nothing but hot air. I doubt it will ever happen. The only real alternative is to swtich suppliers.

View more options

Hi there,

Wi-Fi calling is due to be released this year, however we've no confirmed date as yet.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Thanks Ashling. It was supposed to be early 2018, but I doubt it will be any time in 2018. In the meantime, I can't use my mobile at home, and I work from home...you could just imprve the mobile signal in my area, but that would probably take even longer.

View more options
Poster

Dare i ask, is there any update, we are well past "early 2018" :-)

View more options

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we have no further updates or confirmation of release date.

Thanks,

Liam

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hello,

My sure signal box broke a number of months ago and I was told a replacement system/solution would be coming out later in the year. However, that now doesnt seem to be the case which is very frustrating.

What is the latest update as at present I have very limit signal when at home and am seriousily considering leaving Vodafone (who I have been with for over 15 years)

Stephen

View more options

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear this, unfortunately, we don't have an exact date as yet, however we are working hard to launch this service as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

I have the very same problem, my sure signal box stopped working. I was in touch with a customer service agent and he assured me that a new system that will be replacing the sure signal would be launched within a month, that was over a week ago. Can the Vodafone moderator confirm this please.

View more options
Poster

I have the very same problem, my sure signal box stopped working. I was in touch with a customer service agent and he assured me that a new system that will be replacing the sure signal would be launched within a month, that was over a week ago. Can the Vodafone moderator confirm this please.

View more options

Hi there, 

Unfortunately we do not have a confirmed launch date for Wifi calling at present. We are sorry to hear someone advised  you differently. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Ailís

View more options
Poster

Hi Vodafone Support

I  have  being a customer of Vodafone (eircell)  more  than  20 years   and just  Like Steve-B and MckennS  , I have  being successfully  using the Suresignal  femotcell units since   2009  due poor quality  signal  where I live.    In fact ,  I had being using  two units.    However , unfortunately both units failed earlier this year  (January) , I originally tried  to secure a replacement unit  but I was informed by Vodafone that  this product was no longer available and it would be replaced by wifi callling solution by mid 2018.    I have   contacted  Vodafone  quite a number times in the past  9 months  to  clarify  the status of wifi calling product/service  ...  but to no avail.   I was even told   two weeks ago    that no such service was planned !! .  So there seems to be complete confusion on this .    I signed  upto a new 2 year  contract  ( Super Red)   last December ....     and like others on this forum I'm struglling to get a reliable signal  to   make and receive   phone  calls from home office ,  so   this  causing  me  real issues  workwise  and it means poor quality or missed / dropped calls ....   So much so  I have adopted to using using whatsapp   and other  VoIP apps to  make/recive  internationsl busines calls  ( even though  I pay VF for 500 International per month)    as   I cannot depend on the vodafone  signal  either 2G , 3G or 4G .   Due to  pure frustration  I  recently  enquired  with VF customer service about amending or   cancellling my existing contract   but I have being informed  , that I will   need to  buy out my contract  13 mths x Euro 80.00 ; Total  =1040.00.  This is not an acceptable   remedy  .... and when I protested I was  offerred a significant credit to my most recent monthly bill  by way  of acknowledgment  of the  situaiton I find my self  .         But  I would   prefer   a permenant solution i.e  for Vodafone Ireland to roll-out WIFI  enabled calling  ,  Vodafone UK   have offering  this service for more than 2 years  already.   It is  a proven technology   so like others on this  forum I cannot understand why its taking so long   to productise   such a solution for  Vodafone Ireland customers.     So can I add my  voice to this topic   ;  an request that Vodafone Ireland  make a clear   public statement  preferrably on its website   as to  what  the status of wifi callling  is  and when  or if it will ever be made available .....   Thank you.

View more options
Highlighted
Community Expert
It's commercially sensitive so they wont make an announcement in advance of a formal launch.

Your post might benefit from paragraphs.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up