Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Network & Coverage

Website are being blocked - XMPBlocked

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hi, I'm getting Xmp blocked from some sites despite being 18, could you please remove these blocks?
View more options
Valued Poster

If PAYG you need to pop in store with some ID and these will be removed.

The day of idiots is upon us!!!!
View more options
Poster
Hi Heather I've restarted phone a couple of time but still blocked
View more options
Hi,

@smith - you will need to pop in store with photo ID I'm afraid.

@Kisser - I have sent this onto the tech team to look into further for you.

Thanks.
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi Daz, 

Just wondering could you lift the restrictions for me also? A lot of sites are being blocked which havent been before. 

Thanks, 

Caoimhe. 

View more options
Community Expert
If you're bill pay then Daz can sort it but if you're PAYG you must drop in to a store with photo ID to get the block lifted.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Frequent Poster
I'm on Bill pay, I removed the age restriction a long time ago, but I've recently started getting xmpblocked on sites that never had problems before, the url that appears is: http://10.163.16.125:9501/XMPBlocked/always.html

Heading into any of the bargain alerts on www.boards.ie seems to trigger the redirect as an example. I don't think it's age restriction though, seems more like the blocking of "illegal" sites like I get when trying to download songs or watch videos outside of YouTube. I already disagree with this practice, but adding to it by blocking a deal page/forums definitely seems like it will be reason enough to change network.

Using a Microsoft 950xl on Vodafones own network
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
We're looking into this at the moment to determine why certain areas of boards have recently been blocked by the content filter - the filters are informed by reports of malware and phishing, so some sites may be blocked if security concerns have been reported.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Frequent Poster
Can we not opt out of this netnanny type system? I've been around the internet for most of its lifetime and feel it should be up to me as to what I can and cannot view?

But yes, its very strange that it blocks the end thread but not the subforum or other boards.ie urls, seems from this side that it might of blocked an ad from loading for example, which may just be displayed in the thread view. That being said, Im only guessing due to the unique situation of it being selective about its blocking sections rather than the entire site.
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll drop you over a private message with more details.

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Hi there, i recently provided my id at a local vodafone store but am still getting blocked out of some sites, can you help?

View more options
Community Expert
Unfortunately you'll have to go back and present it again and get them to change it. Mods on here cannot change it for you.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Eln
Poster

hi. i have similiar issue like others. i cannot access some websites on 4G. Error 10.163.19.253:9501/XMPBlocked/holdingPage15.html I'm on billpay. I'm adult. Please help me to resolve this issue.

View more options
Community Expert
If you're PAYG you must drop into a store with photo ID. If you're bill pay then mods can assist.
Cookie
View more options

Hi there,

That should be fixed up for you both, if you could turn your handset off and switch it back on again you should be good to go.

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

All good, thanks!

View more options
Poster

Hi There,, im having the same issue with blocked sites,, can you lift the restriction on this for me please,,

View more options
Poster

i also have this problem.. can you lift the restriction please,, i am bill pay on my own account,,, and i am over 18 years old,,

View more options

Hi there,

I have reset your profile settings, can you please restart your handset and let us know if this issue has been resolved?

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster
Hi Aishling ,,, its all good now thanks
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up