Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Mobile Network & Coverage

Vodafone WiFi Calling is here!! 2019

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

I spoke with a very helpful and sympathetic Vodafone Representative only yesterday, as I was also having ongoing SureSignal issues and she informed me that the new Vodafone Wi-Fi calling service was officially soft launched on February 1st 2019 and that it would be rolled out over the coming months to personal bill pay account and then business account as accounts and tariffs need to switch over to a new system called Equinox. Only a limited amount of handsets will also be supported at the start.

But the good news it's here, its just a waiting game now. I have had no signal for over a decade until SureSignal arrived... so if Vodafone delivers this service as soon as possible this year... I will indeed stay a very happy and loyal customer.

Could someone from official Vodafone add new official information please ?

Can this development be verified...?

View more options
14 REPLIES 14
Community Expert
Interesting. Thanks for that. Hopefully a mod can confirm.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Well I have it on my Note 8 since 2 days ago when I got the Pie and One UI update, funny thing though it only appears in the quick pull down menu but no in dialler settings, if I long press on it in the pull down menu it appears as it would in settings and shows as on
View more options
Poster
Any idea when wifi calling will be avaible for galaxy note9?
View more options
Poster
Any wifi calling update for galaxy note9?
View more options
Poster
Any wifi calling for galaxy note9?
View more options
Poster
Any idea what decade WiFi calling will be made available for the Mi A2 Lite? 😢
View more options

Hi there, 

Apologies for the delay in responding to your query. We have provided a link below to our Wifi calling section and what handsets it is available on at present. ~Ailís

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options

My apologies, please find the link below. 

https://n.vodafone.ie/network/wi-fi-calling.html

Ailís Smiley Happy 

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Thank you, but I have been informed that even though my handset is fully supported and I have actually received the Carrier Update to active WiFi Calling on my handset.... my actual Business Account hasn't been activated to support WiFi Calling and there seems to be no timeline as to when this is going to happen. And even if it does happen that text messages will not be supported for WiFi Calling also.

I have to say it as I have been a loyal Vodafone Customer now for many years... but I will be moving to Eir Mobile that fully supports WiFi Calling for all it's clients and txt messages too.

View more options

Hi there, 

We are sorry to hear this. We would advise that you keep an eye on the website for further updates. If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know. ~Ailís

View more options

We are really sorry to hear this and that we do not have an exact time frame for you. ~Ailís

View more options
Poster
wifi calling is available for Broadband customers is well?
View more options
Community Expert
It's linked to mobile phones not broadband.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there, 

Apologies for the delay in responding to your query. We have experienced a large volume of queries recently and are working through them in the order they have come in. Cookie is spot on here and is a Mobile service. ~Ailís

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up