Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Network & Coverage

Trying to connect to VPN over mobile hotspot has caused issues with new phone.

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hello,

I recently upgraded from the Samsung S7 to the Sanmsug S9, and since then I have not been able to connect to my work VPN on my laptop over either mobile hotspot or USB tether. With the S7 I could just put on my hotspot and it would work right away.

Since the VPN is working through other WIFI locations the blame seems to fall on either the phone or the mobile network configuration. 

Is there any way to fix this as it is a work phone on a business account and I need access to the work VPN when not in the office.

Thanks,

Gary

View more options
6 REPLIES

Hi Gary,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi

Did you get this resolved as I am having exactly the same problem, it worked fine on the S7 but now the S9 wont connect at all??

Cheers

Mark

View more options
Poster

Hi

Did you get this resolved as I am having exactly the same problem, it worked fine on the S7 but now the S9 wont connect at all??

Cheers

Mark

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Mark,

If possible, could you confirm the list of the APNs visible to you on both your S7 & S9 please?

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Hi Ashling

I left the phones at work, will get these next week and post the APN's on both

Thanks for the reply

Cheers
Mark
View more options
Community Expert
I connect to the hotspot then use the VPN on my PC as opposed to using the VPN on my phone.

So my phone can use a VPN (PIA) to hide my IP when browsing on my phone..
If I use my VPN on my phone and then turn on my hotspot my PC doesn't use the VPN for some reason.
But if I connect to the hotpost on the phone and turn on the VPN on my PC then it uses the VPN correctly.

Hope this makes sense. I've an S9.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up