Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Mobile Network & Coverage

SIM Network PUK

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hi,

I received the NAC code to unlock my phone but I input the wrong number as I entered the NAC I had requested for a different phone previously.

It is now asking me for the "SIM Network PUK" before I can try NAC again.

I have tried to resolve this through customer service but response has not helped so far. Assistance would be appreciated.

Regards
Colm
View more options
20 REPLIES 20
Community Expert
It's in a number of places. You can find it on the card that came with your sim or you can login to My Vodafone and get it there too. Failing that call 1907.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Hi cookie20,

Unfortunately that doesn't work. The "SIM Network PUK" appears to be for unlocking the phone as opposed to the SIM PUK, which I have, that unlocks the SIM card.

I have attempted to explain it to customer support but it is proving difficult to get them to understand.

Thanks very much for your response.

Colm
View more options
Community Expert
A puk code only unlocks a sim. EIther the sim fro0m Vodafone or the sim from another network.

Does your vodafone sim work in the phone?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Vodafone SIM works fine. I have a virgin SIM that I'm trying to use. I gave them the imei code to unlock phone. Got NAC. Entered in wrong NAC when prompted when virgin SIM was in it. Now it's asking for SIM Network PUK.
View more options
Community Expert
So just to go over things:
1. The phone you have is from Vodafone?
2. The sim you want to use is from Virgin?
3. You applied to Vodafone for the NAC?
Cookie
View more options
Poster
Correct on all points.
View more options
Community Expert

Then you need to contact Virgin about the PUK code.

Cookie
View more options
Poster
Have that. Doesn't work. It's not related to the SIM. It's the phone. It's called SIM Network PUK but it's related to phone not SIM.
View more options
Poster
Very frustrating!
View more options
Community Expert
Trust me. If the vodafone sim works now and the virgin sim isn't then the issue lies with virgin if the sim network PUK code is being requested.

Test this out by getting a different networks sim and puttin git in your phone. If the phone is unlocked the sim will work. If the sim works then your current issue lies with the virgin sim. As in go and get the PUK code for that sim off virgin.
Cookie
View more options
Highlighted
Poster
I have a Tesco SIM about so will try that and get back to you. Thanks for the help. Smiley Happy
View more options
Community Expert
Let us know how you get on either way.
Cookie
View more options

Thanks Cookie Smiley Happy

@Colmfox - how did you get on here?

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Haven't got around to trying the suggested solution by cookie20 yet but will this afternoon. Ill let you know then. Thanks for the query.
View more options
Poster

@Ashling  @cookie20 

Hi

I tried a third SIM card in the phone and I am still getting the same error message. Enter "SIM Networ PUK" code. I have tried the two alternate non Vodafone SIM cards in different unlocked phones and they work fine.

The error originated when I attempted to unlock the phone. I received the NAC code for it but entered in a the wrong code three times. I entered in a previous code I received for a different phone by mistake. I mixed up the two emails!

So I am fairly sure now that it does NOT relate to the SIM card but to the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Colm

View more options
Community Expert
If you entered it wrong too many times then the device needs to be returned to the manufacturer to be unlocked. Drop into where ever you bought the phone from.
Cookie
View more options
Poster
@Ashling
Any suggestions? I Still haven't heard anything back from customer support.
View more options

Hi Colm,

Can you please PM the below info:

Mobile number-

Security pin ( or address & DOB)-

IMEI-

NAC you've been given-

Make & model of your phone-

Thanks,

Danielle 

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster
@Danielle
Thanks for getting in touch. I managed to resolve the issue. Vodafone customer care provided me with master code. Thanks for assistance.

Colm Fox
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up