Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Network & Coverage

Roaming not working

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
I have been in the usa for the last week and I can't get roaming to work even though I was already onto support which said that I have roaming enacted. When I try to connect to a network I receive an android system notifaction asking me to sign into network which brings me to the Vodafone page and it's the only page I can access on line. This notifaction is denoted by three bars with a question mark at top left of phone . The only thing that gets rid of the notification is playing with the apn access settings which will remove it but won't allow me access to the internet . I have the correct Vodafone settings. I can connect to wifi and data roaming is turned on . Phone is samsung s9 . I feel the apn is preventing access but my partner with a s8 same plan and settings is working.
View more options
5 REPLIES
Valued Poster
Hi,

Did you sign up for a roaming plan? If not, go to the Vodafone app - > my account - > change my roaming plan and that hopefully will fix the issue. If not, you can contact live chat and see what they can do.
View more options

Hi there,

Can you please PM the below info so we can look into this for you:
Mobile number-

Address-

DOB-

What network is showing on your screen-

Is your data roaming switched on-

Thanks,

Danielle 

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Hi Danielle ,

I have not received a reply to the private mesaage I sent you . Today has been the first day my roaming has worked, apart from being in European Caribbean islands that worked like home. Yet I have been charged 5 days roaming and international airspace roaming. I was onto customer service twice to complain that my roaming didn't work and did a hard reset on my phone to see would that get me access and it didn't. Can you look into these charges as I had no access to data at any stage apart from being asked to log to into Vodafone home page by an android system notifaction.
View more options
Poster
I have since been charged €146 including roaming I was unable to use and no reply to my messages . How long should I expect someone to look into this.
View more options

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay. I see you have sent a DM, I will come back to you there.

- Aoife

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up