Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Mobile Network & Coverage

Roaming charges.

Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hi
I was away on holiday recently, to the Netherlands Antilles, and after receieving the following text.
"Roaming information for your stay in the NETHERLANDS ANTILLES. You can use your full home allowance of data, calls and texts in the NETHERLANDS ANTILLES like you would in Ireland at no extra cost. You can check your usage through the My Vodafone app. See vodafone.ie/rEmergency Services dial 112."
Thought great I can use my data allowance, was logged on for a couple of minutes, then receieved the following text
"You've now spent EUR61.50 on data while roaming. Your usage has been capped. To continue using data past the cap, text PASS CAP to 50193. "
Whats going on here?
thanks
View more options
9 REPLIES 9
Community Expert

What is your APN set to under network settings on your phone?

Did you tether/use your phone as a WiFi hotspot?
Are you bill pay or PAYG?
If PAYG do you have credit?

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Hi
Not tethered, not hot-spot, payg, apn is vodafone.com its the default when bought from Vodafone store.
Thanks
View more options
Community Expert
APN should be:
live.vodafone.com
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Thats what it is live.vodafone.com and mms.vodafone.com

View more options
Poster

What a cop out!

View more options
Community Expert

We'll have to wait for mods to look at the account. Did it take the credit from your account?

Cookie
View more options

Hi there,

If you could private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Security PIN (or, if you don't have this, your address and date of birth):

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi

Sorry I thought I'd already replied, I got it sorted.

thanks

View more options

That's great to hear, thanks so much for letting us know Smiley Happy

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up