Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Mobile Network & Coverage

No mobile data since switching from business to payg

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

I have no mobile data since switching from business to payg yesterday morning.

Calls & texts work fine.

I have restarted the phone mulitple times, turned mobile data on & off, took out the sim and put it back in, reset network settings, checked apn settings etc... but no joy.

Data works fine on wifi

Help please!!!!

View more options
13 REPLIES 13
Community Expert

@skm2019 wrote:

I have no mobile data since switching from business to payg yesterday morning.

Calls & texts work fine.

I have restarted the phone mulitple times, turned mobile data on & off, took out the sim and put it back in, reset network settings, checked apn settings etc... but no joy.

Data works fine on wifi

Help please!!!!

Sound like an easy enough fix that the Vodafone staff could apply network side.

The forums are pretty busy this week so its possible the moderators here might not make their way to this post today, and are not online over the weekends.

If this is somewhat urgent to you - it might be better to give Vodafone a quick call.

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster

Thank you for the response.... I've spent hours on the phone and on chat and they say everything looks fine on their side.....  The first day after trying everything, I was told to wait 24 hours.... which I did nothing.  Now they want me to try my sim in another phone....  I don't think it's my sim....

View more options
Poster

I've also called into the shop twice already!!  The guy on the chat wants me to call into a store again as they say the can't resolve this remotely....

View more options
Community Expert
You might be surprised how often it turns out to be the sim.

One day I had perfect 4g reception - next day I couldn't get 4g at all.

After all sorts of trouble shooting, it turned out I needed a sim replacement.

Always worth looking into just to exclude the possibility.

The staff here on the forums are pretty good at troubleshooting these sorts of issues so once looking at your account will have a better feel as to how to proceed.

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Thanks a lot!  Appreciate your help :-)

View more options
Poster

Update:  spent almost an hour in the store....   tried my sim in a different phone, tried 2 new sims in my phone and the other phone.....  Tech support disconnected and reconnected me to the network..... still no joy.

The issue has been escalated to an engineer and I now have to wait 3 to 5 days for someone to contact me!!!   Not happy :-(

View more options
Poster

Update:

5 days later, still no call from an engineer... so I called into the store again....  who put me on to tech support again.  It turned out that data was barred on my phone, no-one new why, but once the bar was removed my mobile data returned... no idea or explanation as to why that happened or why it took a whole week of me chasing to get it resolved.....

View more options
Community Expert
Glad it's sorted.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Thanks, me too!
View more options

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and thanks for letting us know this is resolved.

Danielle 

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster
I am having the same problem since I was switched over on Tuesday & cannot accept incoming calls. Is there a way I can check this?
View more options
Poster
Hi
I’m having the same issue since switching over on Tuesday, however I can’t receive calls either & cant dial all numbers. I’m going on holidays tomorrow & am getting no where theying to resolve the issue.
View more options

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay in responding here. If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, we can take a look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Full address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Heather.

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up