Support:

Mobile Network & Coverage

Search in Community:
Poster

Issues with receiving calls from international landlines

Hi Team,

I am looking for some assistance please, I have a number of international work collegues, and when they try to dial my number from either their office or mobiles they get "this number is not in service" - Can you help ? One is my boss who is currently roaming in Portugal with Vodafone, the others are office landlines in Houston, TX and St.John's, Canada. I can call them or they can text me without issue, just I cannot receive their calls. I have the new iPhone 6 plus and I only recently ported over from 02/Three.

Thank you,

Regards,

Alan

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 18 (1,350 Views)
Topics: 43
Kudos: 522
Solutions: 491

Re: Issues with receiving calls from international landlines

Hi there,
I've asked tech support to follow up on this for you.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 18 (1,341 Views)

-update-
Could you restart the phone and check if it's working now?

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 3 of 18 (1,336 Views)
Poster

Hi Daz,

Yes - Issue seems to be resolved. Thank you for your help. I was in the U.S. this past week and I was able to recieve all incoming calls from mobiles and U.S. / Canadian landlines.

Regards,

Alan

Message 4 of 18 (1,324 Views)

Good stuff, thanks for letting me know.

Message 5 of 18 (1,316 Views)
Poster

I am also having issues with not bing able to receiving calls from a random set of international numbers.

I have contacted support and they told me go to the shop, the shop told me that they didnt know what the problem was and that the  phone would need to be sent a way for repair and then to call support again.Phone support has been totally useless. The last support person was very nice and understanding but I am still in the same situation where my international collegues cant call me and national callers cant connect to me when Iam roaming.

There is nothing wrong with the phone for national calls but international callers are randomly getting a message saying that the number is not in service. This has happened with callers from US, South Africa, Sweden and Skype.

This problem is going on for about the last three months and I need to get this problem resolved right away as I have lost all the patience that I have had on this.  I will be changing providers at the end of this month if this is not resolved.  

Message 6 of 18 (1,150 Views)

Hi there,

I've asked tech support to follow up on this for you.

Thanks.
Message 7 of 18 (1,134 Views)
Poster

Still waiting and still no calls being received and certainly none from vodafone - what does it take to get a problem of this magnitude taken seriously ?

Message 8 of 18 (1,112 Views)

Hi there,

We've refreshed some settings if you can please restart your phone. If you're still experiencing an issue please let us know.

Thanks.
Message 9 of 18 (1,105 Views)
Poster

Still getting number as invalid Smiley Mad

Message 10 of 18 (1,103 Views)

Can you send me a private message (via the link in my signature) with three samples of when you are experiencing this issue (the number calling you, date and time of the call) & our networks team will investigate further for you?

Thanks.
Message 11 of 18 (1,087 Views)
Poster

Sent you the PM - calls today still not getting through

Message 12 of 18 (1,081 Views)
Poster

I have had no response to the multiple private messages that I sent last week to vodafone contact person after they requested I contact them privately.

I used to tell people that use Vodafone they have the best customer support but what a joke this experience has been.

As requested in the private message at this point I need to know

1) that the complaint has been escalated

2) a reference number for my complaint

3) how much longer it will take to respond to the complaint

4) what I am entitled to in terms of refunds, payments of compensation and payments to cover the complete loss of service in receiving international calls that I have had 

I am entitled to request this information and the lack of response is nothing short of disgraceful and incredible.

I will be escalating this complaint myself if I do not receive a response within 24hrs.

Message 13 of 18 (1,050 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Lisa,
I'll address each point in order:

1) that the complaint has been escalated
It has been escalated to the relevant team.

2) a reference number for my complaint
A reference number is not yet available - please see the process for requesting one linked here.

3) how much longer it will take to respond to the complaint
I've responded here - apologies for the delay.

4) what I am entitled to in terms of refunds, payments of compensation and payments to cover the complete loss of service in receiving international calls that I have had 
There is no entitlement, as per your terms of service - however we will review and apply a goodwill gesture after the issue is resolved (with the proviso that the issue needs to be shown to be definitely ours, rather than misdialling, or the other network not routing calls correctly, etc).

Thanks,

Message 14 of 18 (1,036 Views)
Poster

I ask for a reference number and you send me to a web page that needs a reference number inorder to get the reference number.

This sums up my experience with Vodafone support perfectly.

Message 15 of 18 (1,023 Views)
Poster

[ Edited ]

So I got the number from Vodafone last Friday - and telephone support again tried to fix the problem - with no success - told it was being escalated and I would hear back in 24/48 hours - guess what ... yep nothing! no contact. Surprise surprise. Left it for a full working week and na da... and guess what else... the reference number they gave me over the phone doesnt work with the online form you need to use for a formal complaint....

Message 16 of 18 (945 Views)
Poster

My Mother has beeen receiving calls from international numbers since last October 2017. how do we get this sorted out shes at her wits end I have barred a loads but again this morning more.

Help

Thanks

Message 17 of 18 (76 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi @MOLONEY,

Just as a heads up, the mods may complain because you double posted. I did respond to your other post. Send @Ashling or @Daz a pm if you require further assistance.

Message 18 of 18 (72 Views)