Help with network settings please?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi all,

I recently got Vodafone mobile broadband and had the router set up in the middle of the house. The problem was that the signal wouldn't make it to the edge of the house so I went out and bought a new router (TPLink AC 750 Wireless 4g LTE router) . When I put my vodafone sim card in it wouldnt work so I rang them up and they said that I need to get some details from vodafone to get it working. When I rang up vodafone the guy didn't know what I was talking about. So I thought I would ask here.

Here is the current settings which dont seem to work Current settings.

And the settings I need. Needed settings.

Would really appreciate some help with this as it is the only internet we have out here.

Thanks in advance!

Conor

View more options
5 REPLIES

Hi Conor,

If you go to the APN tab, can you please remove isp.vodafone.ie and insert hs.vodafone.ie and test this again?

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

I have a similar problem. Do we need to enter the username and password? I presume it's vodafone / vodafone?

View more options

Hi there,

Here's the info you'll need:

Profile name: Just key in whatever you want to call the profile
APN: hs.vodafone.ie
Username: Vodafone
Password: Vodafone

Hope this helps,

Danielle 

If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi Danielle,

Many thanks for your reply.

Actually, in my case it worked without the username and password, I have only specified the APN address.

FYI, I was setting up a 3G/4G LTE hat for Raspberry Pi in case anyone else will be in a similar situation.

Kind regards,

Deivis

View more options

That's great Deivis, thanks for letting me know Smiley Happy

Danielle 

If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up