Mobile Network & Coverage

Data allowance

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Frequent Poster
I have 4GB of data allowance left and 7 days until I have to top up. But I cannot access anything this morning. I had used the Super IOU so now my balance is -2.90. Is it true that if your balance is negative that you can't use your data allowance? It's really annoying. I'm sure it's never happened before. Any advice would be welcomed. Aoife
View more options
15 REPLIES
Community Expert
What is your APN set to under network settings? If you have a plan active and the data hasn't been used up then it doesnt matter if you have no credit.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Frequent Poster
What is APN??
View more options
Community Expert
Under network settings on your phone what does it say beside APN (Access Point Name). It usually doesn't spell out the meaning of APN.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Frequent Poster
It says Vodafone live
View more options
Contributor

If you go into the APN Setting, is it?

live.vodafone.com 

View more options
Community Expert
Are there any other APN's in there?
Cookie
View more options
Frequent Poster
Yes billbond4 that's it
View more options
Contributor

If you havent changed anything in the settings, try restarting the phone (if you havent already done so)

View more options
Contributor

Do you see anything like 4g ,H+ above the mobile signal strength?

View more options
Frequent Poster
H+
View more options
Contributor

Ok, that means you connected to the Mobile data network, so you should be ok.

Can you open an internet browser and goto www.google.ie 

View more options
Frequent Poster
Sure can. What then?
View more options
Community Expert

Are you connected to WiFi (wireless) or phone network?
Did you get to open google.ie?

Cookie
View more options
Frequent Poster
Guys my phone shut itself down and now is back working properly. Good only knows what was going on. Thank you both for your help. Really really appreciated
View more options
Community Expert
Glad you got it sorted. Always try restarting as it can solve a lot of problems. Even restarting it once a week will help you.
Cookie
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up