Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Network & Coverage

Coverage gone brutal

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi, has anyone had issues the last few weeks regarding their signal and/or 4G (which has gone completely). I’ve contacted Vodafone through tech support and on twitter and was told that it was ‘the nature of mobile networks’. Literally have lost all 4G in most places (at home and in work) and my call quality has gone so bad. Is there a mast after changing or moving? I stayed with Vodafone as other networks were not as good quality in my area but I’d rather go with someone cheaper if this is all I’m going to get for the foreseeable future.

View more options
5 REPLIES
Community Expert

@Hearnet wrote:

Hi, has anyone had issues the last few weeks regarding their signal and/or 4G (which has gone completely). I’ve contacted Vodafone through tech support and on twitter and was told that it was ‘the nature of mobile networks’. Literally have lost all 4G in most places (at home and in work) and my call quality has gone so bad. Is there a mast after changing or moving? I stayed with Vodafone as other networks were not as good quality in my area but I’d rather go with someone cheaper if this is all I’m going to get for the foreseeable future.

As you asked, I'll answer.

I have experienced no issues at all - my coverage at home, work, and when out and about is fairly constant.

SmartSelect_20180901-145020_Speedtest.jpg

I guess the question becomes where are you based as their are perhaps issues in your area.

Do you live close enough to where you work?

If not, and you are experiencing issues in both locations, and you had solid 4G there previously, then the problem is more likely with your device and not the network.

Is there another phone you could test your son in to rule this out?

Do you know anyone else on Vodafone having the Same issue?

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster
Never had issues before and I’ve checked three different handsets. I’ve talked to a few other Vodafone customers in the area and they seem to be having similar issues. For example on a 15 minute drive this morning I lost coverage three times whilst making a call - call completely dropped. And I never had this issue previously. It’s like a mast has gone down locally or something. I’ve gotten no hop from tech support. Advised to switch on and off my phone. I was given the answer of “its the nature of mobile networks” at one stage. I made a switch to another mobile company a couple of years ago and switched back when I compared the signal I was getting from Vodafone was of a way higher standard but it’s actiallu got worse now than what they were offering.
View more options
Community Expert
How old is your sim card?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

6 months old 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with coverage.

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Eircode(s) where issues are occurring:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up