Search in Community:
Poster
Damsel

ras error code 619

Hey I ve looked at all the other forums and done everything it says to do but am still getting this error code.
I havent been able to connect to my broadband usb key for 2 weeks now.
Im not the best with computers so any help would be appreciated!
Thanks all.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 9 (12,892 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Re:ras error code 619

Could you let us know how you get on with the following? (or if you've already tried these steps and not had any luck)

Unlike normal DSL broadband, the mobile devices can be affected by a number of different (pc related) issues.

While DSL has a router and landline as the source of many faults, mobile devices need to be looked at as a USB device foremost rather than an internet connection.

Here's a selection of troubleshooting steps that can improve performance:

Power output:

The modem is powered from the laptop itself, and most laptops are designed to conserve power to increase battery life. (Even some desktops display this behaviour).

A lack of power to the device can cause it to struggle to keep a connection open (i.e. it will run, but not well).
Plugging the laptop into the mains usually doesn't affect the output to the USB ports, as the computer decides what to do with the power once you plug it in.

You can increase power output by following the steps below:
Vista/Windows 7: control panel > power options > high performance
XP: control panel > power options > select always on from the power schemes list > click apply > click ok

Checking for interrupting programs: The modem is seen by Windows as a CD/DVD drive, so programs that read these types of drive can try to hijack the modem to use it as a DVD player. Windows Media player is not afffected, but a number of programs that come prepacked with modern laptops can cause this kind of interference.

Only one program can access the modem at a time, so when a DVD player program accesses the modem, the Vodafone software can't (this usually generates error 619, 633, and 608, error 635 is different, and indicates an issue that Data Support need to resolve). Sometimes these programs need to be disabled, others can be set to ignore the Vodafone modem, a few may need to be uninstalled entirely - this varies depending on the program.

In addition, programs that use similar USB devices can also cause issues and usually need to be uninstalled (other operators mobile broadband software, previous versions of the Vodafone software, etc).
Removing "ghost devices": Go to control panel > phone and modem options (if you're advised that Windows needs your area code before you can make changes, just enter 353 and your country as Ireland) > modems > highlight anything that says "not present" or "not functional" > click remove.

When the modem doesn't get enough power, or is interrupted by another program, Windows will no longer "see" the modem, and lists it as not present, preventing it from being picked up again (the computer thinks it's plugged in, but can't access it, so it's stuck in limbo, hence "ghost device")

After performing all of these steps, you'll need to restart the computer to apply all of the changes.

The USB port can make a difference also, some ports actually function better than others (USB1 vs USB2.0/3 or power to specific ports), so try the device in each port to see if there is an increase in performance.

Finally, the location you use the device in can have some bearing on the connection. As a rule of thumb, the more that is between you and the cell, the more the signal has to penetrate to get to you. Try different rooms, upstairs or near a window to improve the signal.

Can you let me know how you get on with these fixes, and whether your issues persist?

thanks very much.
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 2 of 9 (12,892 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Breezer

I got the same message last night when I tried to connect but then realised there was a mms for me telling me I had reached my download limit and my account had been suspended for the remainder of the month.

I had to ring and customer support to get this reversed.
Message 3 of 9 (12,892 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Damsel

Hey DataDaz, Ive tried all your suggestions and still am getting the error code!
Have done system restore also an still not working.
Message 4 of 9 (12,892 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Hey DataDaz, Ive tried all your suggestions and still am getting the error code!
Have done system restore also an still not working.

Hi Damsel,
Could you email me over the modem number please? Just click my name, then "send email" on the far right.
I'll also mail back with one more step to try.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 5 of 9 (12,892 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Bio-Force

I have the same problem with ras error code 619.
The newest software installed, still no joy.
Message 6 of 9 (12,892 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

Hi Bio-Force,

Could you PM me your mobile broadband number and I'll check your account. Thanks in advance :D.

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 7 of 9 (12,892 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Bio-Force

I sent U email, PM is not working
Message 8 of 9 (12,892 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

Hi Bio-Force,

I've received it and I'm going to check it out now :D.

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 9 of 9 (12,892 Views)
Please use plain text.