Support:

Mobile Broadband

Search in Community:
Poster
borderfox100

Setting up mobile broadband via vpn/proxy

Hi. I have just started using a Toshiba TG01 smartpphone. I want to access gmail on it - but I'm having trouble in doing so.

1. Under the Windows platform, what do I have to enter - and where do i have to enter it? (i'm on voda payg with mobile internet)?

2. In addition to that, how do I access this via proxy/vpn provider/service that I use on my home pc?

If anyone can assist with this, I'd be very grateful.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (5,825 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 207

Re:Setting up mobile broadband via vpn/proxy

Hi. I have just started using a Toshiba TG01 smartpphone. I want to access gmail on it - but I'm having trouble in doing so.

1. Under the Windows platform, what do I have to enter - and where do i have to enter it? (i'm on voda payg with mobile internet)?

2. In addition to that, how do I access this via proxy/vpn provider/service that I use on my home pc?

If anyone can assist with this, I'd be very grateful.

Hiya,
I'm going to leave this one open to the folks here to help out with, as it's a bit outside what we'd normally cover.
The only thing I can advise is the outgoing mail server, which is mail.vodafone.ie
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 2 of 4 (5,825 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
borderfox100

Can anyone help? Really struggling with this?
Message 3 of 4 (5,825 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
borderfox100

UPDATE: My vpn/proxy provider has provided me with the necessary info in order to setup the vpn connection. However, i'm still at a loss as regards the setup in order to get out onto the www. Furthermore, am I safe to assume that my gmail (and everything else - should I decided to use internet, etc) is going through this vpn??
Message 4 of 4 (5,825 Views)
Please use plain text.