Search in Community:
Poster
Jeepers

SPAMHAUS

Hi,
As reported on another thread back in May there are problems sending mail from a Vodafone Mobile Broadband account.
I want to file my end of year tax returns and I'm getting:

Blacklisted by Spamhaus: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?109.79.mmm.nnn";

Please release these addresses from the blacklist,
/Jeepers
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (5,955 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Gazz from Vodafone

Re:SPAMHAUS

Hi,
As reported on another thread back in May there are problems sending mail from a Vodafone Mobile Broadband account.
I want to file my end of year tax returns and I'm getting:

Blacklisted by Spamhaus: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?109.79.mmm.nnn";

Please release these addresses from the blacklist,
/Jeepers

Hi Jeepers,

Unfortunately , there is nothing more we can do. We have closed off every hole in our ISP to stop spamming.But these blacklists are controlled by 3rd party companies.We cannot control these companies and if they decide to black list for IP range, we cannot stop them.Also we cannot force the receiving email party not to look up a blacklist company.

So to be clear, we are not blocking emails, it is the far end receiver that is deciding that the email they received is spam, due to a number of criteria, one of which is the senders IP address is blacklisted.

Are you using mail.vodafone.ie ? You could also go onto Spamhaus and request a release of the IP address from the list.
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
Message 2 of 4 (5,955 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Jeepers

Hi Jeepers,

Unfortunately, there is nothing more we can do. We have closed off every hole in our ISP to stop spamming.But these blacklists are controlled by 3rd party companies.We cannot control these companies and if they decide to black list for IP range, we cannot stop them.Also we cannot force the receiving email party not to look up a blacklist company.

So to be clear, we are not blocking emails, it is the far end receiver that is deciding that the email they received is spam, due to a number of criteria, one of which is the senders IP address is blacklisted.

Are you using mail.vodafone.ie ? You could also go onto Spamhaus and request a release of the IP address from the list.

Hi Gazz,
Understood. Might be good to check with them when they decided this IP address (or range) was deemed to be spamming and trace that back to the Vodafone subscriber that was active at the time. Doesn't mean of course they were spamming, they could have a virus etc, but it's definitely a limitation if I cannot send mail using Vodafone Mobile Broadband (even if VF are not directly responsible...). This Spamhaus seems to be widely used, at least by my mail recipients.
I am using mail.vodafone.ie as the outgoing server (see my earlier thread, not possible to use my mail providers SMTP server on VFMBB).

/Jeepers
Message 3 of 4 (5,955 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Jeepers

Hi,
Looked into this a bit more, due to ongoing and escalating problems sending mail...
According to
http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/answers.lasso?section=Spamhaus%20PBL#183
what is required is to authenticate on the vodavone SMTP server prior to sending mails .
Can you post details on how to do this please,
Best Regards,
Jeepers
Message 4 of 4 (5,955 Views)
Please use plain text.