Search in Community:
Poster
fernrock

APN Setting

Hi Folks

I am on the vodafone simply package with a 1 Gig data add on.

My question is, am I limited to vodafone.live APN or can I use isp.vodafone or hs.vodafone ?

regards

fernrock
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Digi
Topics: 42
Kudos: 395
Solutions: 40

Re:APN Setting

Hi Folks

I am on the vodafone simply package with a 1 Gig data add on.

My question is, am I limited to vodafone.live APN or can I use isp.vodafone or hs.vodafone ?

regards

fernrock

Is the addon called "ISP 1GB PROMO"?

If thats the one your on then ISP and HS are included in your allowence, but LIVE is not.

Hope that helps

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 2 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Is the addon called "ISP 1GB PROMO"?

If thats the one your on then ISP and HS are included in your allowence, but LIVE is not.

Hope that helps

Hi Digi,
One small revision, Live was recently added to the bundle, so it now covers all 3 APNs.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 3 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Blaz

Hi Digi,
One small revision, Live was recently added to the bundle, so it now covers all 3 APNs.

Thanks!

Now that's very interesting news. So what is the difference between the Mobile Internet add on and the 1GB Monthly data add-on? Both seem to have a 1GB data allowance and both seem to cost 8.26€ per month. The Mobile Internet add on originally only covered live.vodafone.com APN, while 1GB add on was isp.vodafone.ie/hs.vodafone.ie. If 1GB add-on now includes live.vodafone.com, what is the point of the Mobile Internet add on then?
Message 4 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

Hi Blaz,

I'll need to confirm it but from what I gather there's only going to be one 1GB add on that covers everything. I'll find out though and post back when I've confirmed it :D.

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 5 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
fernrock

Wonder why I am confused ?

This is my first month with Vodafone and , when I requested a data package I was initially charged €16.52 for a MOBILE INTERNET AND, a 1GB DATA add on, and told only use vodafone.live.

The double charge has been sorted but, it seems I now have a choice of 3 APN's!!

Fernrock
Message 6 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
fernrock

Hi Nick

Any further confirmation on this.

Fernrock

Hi Blaz,

I'll need to confirm it but from what I gather there's only going to be one 1GB add on that covers everything. I'll find out though and post back when I've confirmed it :D .

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
Message 7 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Hi Nick

Any further confirmation on this.

Fernrock

Hi there,
The 1GB monthly add on was aimed more at users of the windows mobile or prelaunch iphone devices.
The live add on is still useful for customers who have no need of these other apns, and for the "with compliments" offers.

In addition, you can buy one of each, so some customers have both add ons for different purposes.

Thanks very much.
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 8 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Blaz

Hi there,
The 1GB monthly add on was aimed more at users of the windows mobile or prelaunch iphone devices.
The live add on is still useful for customers who have no need of these other apns, and for the "with compliments" offers.

In addition, you can buy one of each, so some customers have both add ons for different purposes.

Thanks very much.

That's all very nice, but what APN does which add-on cover? Does the 1GB add-on cover live or not? If it does, what is the purpose of the Mobile Internet add-on, if for the same price (8.26€ + VAT) I can get the 1GB add-on that offers exactly the same data volume (1GB) and covers all three APN (as Nick claims in this thread)?
Message 9 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Trevor

I am also on the Simply price plan with the 1GB data add on. Can I use this data add on for surfing the net on my mobile and also using my mobile as a modem? I would appreciate if this could be clarified as I do not want to get a huge bill.
Message 10 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

Hi Trevor,

If you could PM/mail me your mobile number I'll check which add on your connected to. As Daz advised above there's two add ons available. There's one for Live only and another for Live, ISP, Office and HS :D.

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone VIew Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 11 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Trevor

Hi Trevor,

If you could PM/mail me your mobile number I'll check which add on your connected to. As Daz advised above there's two add ons available. There's one for Live only and another for Live, ISP, Office and HS :D .

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone VIew Team.

I have just PM you my number, thanks for the help.

Trevor.
Message 12 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

I have just PM you my number, thanks for the help.

Trevor.

Hi Trevor,

I've responded to your PM :D.

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
Message 13 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I've responded to your PM :D .

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.

Thanks Nick.
Message 14 of 14 (12,033 Views)
Please use plain text.