Announcements
Welcome to the Vodafone Community!
Close announcement

Mobile Billpay Packages

Stay Mobile Insurance

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Frequent Poster

I am led to believe that Stay Mobile Insurance cover (or whatever the Insurance cover wants to call itself) is only possible when a phone is, "In Contract".

i.e   If you upgraded / got a new phone on, say, a 2 year Payment Contract, then that phone can be insured for that 2 year period.

I believe that, if the phone was insured, the Insurance automatically ends / stops at the end of that 2 year 'Contract Period'.

I am led to believe that a phone that is not "In Contract", is not possible to insure.

Do I have this information correct ?

Is it possible to see 'Terms and Conditions' (wherever they may be) explaining the above ? (Or whatever may be correct)

Thanks.

View more options
26 REPLIES

Hi there,

The period of insurance is for 59 months – this means that if you haven't upgraded (causing the insurance to transfer to a new handset) you can only be insured for this maximum period.

We will only automatically cancel the insurance after 59 months or 2 successful claims in a 12 month period.

From what you are saying, it sounds like your phone might have been out of warranty.

An example would be, if you are insured and after 3 years of taking out the insurance( and no upgrade in this period) you accidentally drops the phone and this causes damages, you will be full covered.

I have included some of the terms and conditions below.

“Period of Insurance” means the period between the Company’s acceptance of Your application for insurance and the termination of the insurance. Period of insurance refers to one calendar month with a minimum initial duration of three months and your policy will automatically renew on a monthly basis for up to fifty-nine (59) months provided You pay the required premium or unless the policy is cancelled within the terms of Clause 12 Cancellation below.

“Accidental Damage” means accidental physical breakage, destruction or failure of your covered product(s) due to an unforeseen event which causes physical damage to the covered product(s) and that prevents it from operating correctly.

“Malicious Damage” means where damage is deliberately caused to Your Equipment by someone other than You.

“Damage/Damaged” means Accidental Damage and Malicious Damage

Exclusions

Damage

• Mechanical or electrical breakdown or derangement unless caused by accidental external means.

• Damage covered by the manufacturers’ warranty and damage caused by inherent manufacturing or design faults.

• Damage to, or malfunction of, the Insured Equipment caused by, or attributed to, the operation of a software virus or any other software based malfunction.

• Damage resulting from wear and tear.

I hope this helps

- Aoife

View more options
Frequent Poster

Thanks for that, Aoife,

But it doesn't really answer anything.

To put it another way :

When can a phone be insured; when is a phone 'eligible' to be insured; and when is a phone NOT eligible to be

insured ?  

And WHERE can one find the Terms and Conditions governing such 'eligibilty'.

Thanks.

View more options

Hi there,

A phone can be insured through us (with StayMobile) within 30 days of your upgrade. 

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Frequent Poster

Hi Liam,

Thanks for that.

But offering to sell me some Phone Insurance doesn't really answer my Questions.

Maybe I should try putting it another way :

What Bill Pay 'packages' or 'plans' make / allow a phone 'eligible' to be Insured;

What Bill Pay 'packages' or 'plans' make a phone ineligible to be Insured;

How do the terms, "In Contract" and "Out of Contract" effect a phones' 'eligibilty' to be Insured;

And most critically, WHERE can a Customer find the Terms and Conditions governing all the

above Queries.

Your kind assistance with these Questions would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

View more options

Hi there,

We're sorry if our previous answer wasn't clear.

You can insure the phone that you receive when signing a 24 month contract on one of our full bill tariffs which start at €40 per month. The insurance must be taken out within 30 days of you signing the contract. Please see further information on our full bill pay tariffs in the link below:

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/bill-pay-plans.html

You can not insure a phone with us on Pay As You Go or Sim Only bill pay plans.

A phone cannot be insured when out of contract, unless it is an existing policy bought at the start of your previous contract.

Please see a full list of terms and conditions by accessing the below link, under the heading "Vodafone Stay Mobile Standard Insurance (from 12/02/2018)"

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/services.html

Thanks,

Liam

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Frequent Poster

Hi Liam,

Thank you very much for your Response.

You said ;

"- You can insure the phone that you receive when signing a 24 month contract on one of our full bill tariffs which start at €40 per month. The insurance must be taken out within 30 days of you signing the contract.

- You can not insure a phone with us on Pay As You Go or Sim Only bill pay plans.

- A phone cannot be insured when out of contract, unless it is an existing policy bought at the start of your previous contract."

This is most useful information.

None of this information is given / described at : https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/services.html  - the link you

provided.

None of this information is given ANYWHERE on the Vodafone Website.

Can you please say WHERE you found this information.

Can you please explain how a Customer is to find this information.

(If the words {above in BOLD} are to be found somewhere on the Website, could you please Copy & Paste

those words HERE, and say exactly WHERE they came from, because no one can actually find what

you have helpfully described / defined {above}.)

If these 'terms and conditions' are NOT available to be seen on the Vodafone Website, could you please

CONFIRM that these 'terms and conditions' are not available to be seen by Customers / the public.

Many Thanks.

View more options

Hi there,

The above is our explanation of the policies we follow when selling insurance.

Apart from what is explained in the terms linked above, specific information noting all situations when and when a customer is not eligible to insure their phone is not available on the website.

Information regarding insurance is offered to the customer at the time of upgrade and the customer can then decide if they wish to proceed. 

Can we assist with a particular query which relates to the information you are looking to clarify?

Thanks,

Liam

View more options
Frequent Poster

Hi Liam,

Thank you very much for your Response.

I asked a very simple and pertinent Question a full week ago.

I am most grateful for your, "explanation of the policies" that "is not available on the website".

Maybe you would be so kind as to answer :

- Why did it take a full week to answer a very simple and pertinent Question ?

(Did it take you a week of 'trawling' and hunting' to find an answer from within Vodafone ?)

- Why are these policies not available on the website ?

- Should these policies be available on the website ?

- Is Vodafone going to make these policies available on the website ?

- Does Vodafone have a Policy of not enabling Customers to see their policies ?

I do hope you may be permitted to make 5 simple and candid answers.

Many Thanks for all your help.

View more options

Hi there,

Please see below for answers to your questions.

- Why did it take a full week to answer a very simple and pertinent Question ?

(Did it take you a week of 'trawling' and hunting' to find an answer from within Vodafone ?)

We're sorry for the delay in answering your question. We are experiencing a high volume of queries at the moment and tried to answer all of your queries as soon as possible.

- Why are these policies not available on the website ?

We would not have information on this decision. 

-Should these policies be available on the website ?

This answer would be a personal opinion which we can't answer on this forum. We'll pass on the feedback regarding it not being available on the website.

- Is Vodafone going to make these policies available on the website ?

We would not have this information.

- Does Vodafone have a Policy of not enabling Customers to see their policies ?

No - This is not our policy. Relevant terms and conditions are noted in the terms section of the website.

Thanks,

Liam

View more options
Frequent Poster

Hi Liam,

Thank you so much for this.

I am so glad that you said Vodafone DOES NOT have a Policy of not letting their Customers see

their Policies.

Liam, can I please see Vodafones' Policy on making REFUNDS ?

Many Thanks.

View more options

Hi there,

Can you please be more specific in your query?

Thanks,

Liam

View more options
Frequent Poster

Hi Liam,

I am currently waiting on a Refund from Vodafone.

Vodafone acknowledge the Sum of the Refund.

Let's say Sum = "X".

When I asked for "X" to be returned to me, I was told that it

was only possible to send me "X" minus a current Bill (not "due" for another week).

5 Vodafone Agents told me the same thing.

They are all following, "Vodafones' REFUND Policy", I believe.

Can I please see this "Refund Policy" ?

Many Thanks.

View more options

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we don't have a specific "Refunds policy". Refund decisions are made on a case by case basis. 

We're sorry if it was worded this way to you by my colleagues.

Thanks,

Liam

View more options
Frequent Poster

Hi Liam,

Thanks for that.

I am now confused.

You say that there is no specific Vodafone "Refunds Policy".

5 Vodafone Agents all seemed to be following the same 'policy' when they told me that

'Outstanding Bills' would be automatically 'deducted' from a Refund Amount.

They all followed exactly the same 'line' or 'message' or 'policy'.

Indeed, one of the Agents actual READ the 'policy' to me, over the phone.

It mentioned 'deducting' 'outstanding bills'; and most specifically, at the end

of the 4 or 5 sentances, it made a written 'example' to demonstrate what the 'policy'

had been talking about.

The 'example' mentioned :

- If there was to be a € 80 Refund; and there was an outstanding bill of € 50; then

the Customer will receive € 30, and not the full € 80.

Can I please see what this Agent was READING to me over the phone.

This Agent described this as a 'Refund Policy'.

Many Thanks.

View more options

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we would not have such literature to provide to customers. 

In this case, agents may have literature which they use to explain processes for customers, but we would not pass this onto customers.

Thanks,

Liam

View more options
Frequent Poster

Hi Liam,

Thanks for that.

So there is a Process for making Refunds to Customers.

So obviously, all the Vodafone Agents were following the same Process, because they

all said EXACTLY the same thing; which was EXACTLY what was READ OUT

to me.

Forgive my ignorance;

- What is the difference between a Vodafone Process and a Vodafone Policy ?

- Is it the case that Customers can Know and Read Vodafones' Policies, but

CANNOT read Vodafones' Processes, which directly effect Customers ?

Please help my ignorance.

Many Thanks.

View more options

Hi there, 

The process is the action the agent must follow as outlined in the Vodafone Policy. 

Therefore the process is advised to the customer and the Vodafone policy is an internal communique. 

If you have a specific refund query on your account we would require the account details as each case is different. You can send these over to us in a PM and we can take a further look into it. Please include your Mobile number, Address, Date of birth and email address. 

However, if we do not receive these details in a PM there would be nothing further that we could do to assist you with on this matter. 

Thanks,

Ailís

View more options
Frequent Poster

Hi Ailis,

Thanks for that.

Last week, Vodafone acknowledged that there was an Overpayment

of Phone Insurance Premiums on my Account.

Vodafone agreed that I should be Refunded € "X".

Can you please 'explain' to me the Vodafone 'Process' for refunding

me € "X".

(i.e  I ask for € "X" to be returned in full to me (to my Bank Account);

there is an 'outstanding bill' "due" in 1 weeks' time; How much of € "X"

will actually be returned to me (to my Bank Account) ? )

Many Thanks.

View more options

Hi there, 

Unfortunately we would be unable to comment on this without the requested details being sent to us in a PM. 

Thanks,

Ailís

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up