Mobile Billpay Packages

Roaming on Red Connect

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Frequent Poster

Hi guys
I am going to a confference in Scotland on Sunday and just wondering how does the romming works exactly? Especially data? It says I am currently on Red Roaming - RED Connect plans give you access to unlimited calls and texts home and within the country you're visiting plus your home data and international allowance when traveling in 32 European destinations, at no extra charge.- 
Does that mean I will still get my 7GB of data when in Scotland?? 

View more options
3 REPLIES

Hi there,

As you are opted in to our Red Connect tariff, you can use your home bundle of calls, texts and data while roaming in Europe at no extra cost, this means you can use your home allowance of 7GB which are included in your Red Connect tariff while roaming in Scotland. Here is a helpful link that will give you a full break down of what is and isn't included roaming. If you need anything else please get in touch.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi, 

Ill be moving to another country in Europe soon. Is there a limit on the amount of days you can stay "roaming", or is it unlimmited? 

Will I lose Red Connect after a certain period?

Thanks,

Carl

View more options

Hi Carl,

Our plans are designed to be used within the Republic of Ireland so usage would be monitored while abroad. If Vodafone feels that your usage exceeds regular domestic use, you will be contacted and advised to desist from such usage. Unfortunately, we would be unable to advise you on an exact time frame as to when such contact would be made, this would be at the discretion of Vodafone. 

Terms & conditions - Red Connect from July 2017 - 7. Red Connect "Take Your Home Plan Abroad"

6. Please note that Red Connect 'Take Your Home Plan Abroad' is designed to be used by customers normally domiciled in the Republic of Ireland (RoI) for casual and normal roaming usage and as such, a Fair Usage Policy applies to prevent permanent roaming and or where the customer uses roaming for an excessive amount of days or usage. Vodafone will monitor your usage of the Package and will implement a fair usage policy in respect of it, based on the average usage of the Vodafone customer of the Package, as estimated by Vodafone from time to time. Fair Usage Policy: If at the reasonable discretion of Vodafone, Vodafone is of the opinion, that your usage materially exceeds the fair usage threshold in any month, Vodafone may contact you to advise you that your usage exceeds its fair usage policy. If the excessive usage continues to exceed the threshold after receipt of a request from us to desist from or alter the nature of such usage, Vodafone reserves the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at your price plan's standard rate or to modify or suspend your use of the Red Connect 'Take Your Home Plan Abroad' service or to withdraw your access to the Service entirely in certain circumstances including but not limited to circumstances which amount to persistent abuse of the Service

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up