Welcome to the Vodafone Community!
Close announcement

Mobile Billpay Packages

No service on new sim card

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

I have the following problem:

I've got new phone and I have received a new sim card as well which accompanied the new phone. So I put the new sim card to the new phone and dialed 1907 to deactivate the old card and activate the new one. Everything went fine. After a while the old sim stopped working and the new one started working. However, today in the morning I have got a message that the change of sim card was about to be completed and that it caused the temporary lose of the service. It was at 10 am today.  Unfortunately I still have no service.

Anybody knows how long this might take because I have no service all day long.

View more options
4 REPLIES
Community Expert
Have you tried restarting the phone?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

Can you confirm if you're still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I got a new sim card on Saturday but was unable to activate it by ringing 1907 as the meesage said there was no sim ordered on my account.

I contacted vodafone but the person I was speaking with was unable to resolve the issue immediately. He advised that this had been escalated to the technical team and that I would receive a text message within 72 hours to let me know the SIM was activated.

As it has been 3 days since this request was made I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to try and resolve this issue as soon as possible?

Thanks for your help,
Ciara

View more options

Hi Ciara,

Can you send a private message with your number, address & DOB, along with your new SIM card number and a link to this thread so we can take a look?

- Aoife

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up