Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Mobile Billpay Packages

No Voice service since I ported in a week ago

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hello,

I ported in on Thursday morning last week (18th of April) I had placed the order online and the SIM arrived the day of the port. I insterted the sim in my phone and found I could use data, SMS both in and out and receive calls.

However I could not make any calls. Even if I dial my voicemail or a freephone number I get a message telling me I have no credit. However I ported to a bill-pay service with a 12 month Contract (Red something).

I have been borrowing phones from friends to call customer care but am not really getting anywhere. I was told on Thursday/Friday that the issue was escalated and would take 72 hours to fix. Then yesterday I was told it would be Friday this week before the issue can be looked at.

I really need the ability to make calls. Is there anyone who could please please assist in getting this resolved?

View more options
25 REPLIES 25
Community Expert

Send a pm to one of the mods here with all your details and they can look into it more for you

View more options
Highlighted
Poster
Just sent a PM. Thanks for the advise.
View more options
Frequent Poster
Hi. How long did it take for this to be resolved? I have exactly the same problem and the estimate to resolve given by Vodafone has gone from 3 hours, to 72 hours, to five working days after four days had already passed. I’m almost a week now without the ability to make calls.
View more options
Poster
I'm 5 weeks in, still not resolved. Going to port out at this stage.
View more options
Poster

Did you ever get it sorted, I am one week without voice calls or text,  Totally ridiculous service levels from a major telecommunications company. More licences need to be opened to stop this monolpy as the customer is the one thats affected.

View more options
Poster
Still waiting. Tried to port out but even that didn't work. My number is in limbo Apparently...
View more options
Frequent Poster
I am 15 days in limbo and have experienced a chain of broken promises from Vodafone. No responses on this forum.

Today I received a call from a manager after I requested one with difficulty.

This is difficult to accept.
View more options
Poster

Mine was a brand new number on a new contract that I had to get for work, but still very poor customer service, my new number is not even registering on their system so when I call them or use the chat i don't even exist but you can guarantee they will still charge me for the hassle 

View more options
Frequent Poster

Did either of you manage to get this resolved?  I'm now approaching three weeks without service.

View more options
Poster
Afraid not, still waiting 😢
View more options
Poster

Me either, the number is stuck somewhere on the vodafone slow moving cogs.  Also very poor response from any Vodsfone rep on this platform. If they try to bill me for this period there will be **bleep** to pay Comreg will have to be involved.

View more options
Community Manager

Hi @iphonic and @Agent_99,

Apologies for the delay in responding, we experienced a high volume of queries.

Can you both send a PM with your number, address & DOB and a link to this thread so I can take a look?

@Anirudht, I understand a colleague is looking into this for you

- Aoife

View more options
Frequent Poster

Dear Aoife,

I have sent you a private message.

With thanks and regards,

iPhonic.

View more options
Poster
Hi @Aoife
All I have received are apologies and that an update has been requested. No update has been forthcoming. This has been going on for 2 months.
View more options
Poster
Anyone get connected yet, I'm still in limbo, latest update I got was 48/72 working hours which will make it nearly 3 weeks and I still am not holding out hope.
View more options
Frequent Poster
Unfortunately not. More promises. I live in hope. Something has changed at least in that my “myVodafone” account has become “inactive” as of this weekend.

The delay and lack of any sense of urgency on Vodafone’s part is disappointing... or perhaps better expressed as infuriating. Approaching four weeks now and my number is still not fully in service. An embarrassing message about not having credit still greets those who try to call me making it look as if I don’t pay my bills.
View more options
Frequent Poster

After several hours of "No Service" this afternoon, my account is out of limbo, but in pay-as-you-go.  

I have still not received so much as a courtesy reply to my private message on this forum.

At least the embarassment of the "no credit" message has gone for my incoming calls even if I still cannot make outgoing calls.  I await further developments.  My decision to leave my bill pay service with my previous operator was a mistake.

I hope that you, @Anirudht and @Agent_99, have experienced some progress in the resolution of your respective problems too.

View more options
Poster

Still nothing for me, we are almost 48 hours into the window of 48/72 hours and I still do not hold out any hope.  Vodafone seem to have really nosedived in recent years their customer service used to be very good. I was thinking on moving my personal phone back when my current contact expires in a few months but I guess  under the current circumstances I will have to reconsider. Heres hoping we'll all get sorted soon.

View more options
Frequent Poster
Today I received a private message reply and a further call from a manager. My number is active on pay-as-you-go, which though not what I initially ordered, is satisfactory for now. I am honestly just delighted to be able to make and receive calls anew after 26 days. Vodafone applied a gratuity of some credit to the new account by way of apology.

There remains a problem with my voicemail diverts which I’m hopeful will be resolved. I’ve raised that in another thread and with the aforementioned manager.

I wish you both well in the resolution of your respective technical difficulties.

iPhonic.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up