Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Mobile Billpay Packages

How to close the account?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hi,
Has anyone else had trouble closing their account at the contract due date? I have contacted Vodafone 4 times at this stage and still no luck getting it sorted. First it was to early and I was told to call back on the Christmas Day (!!!). Obviously the relevant team was not available on the day and I was promised they would call me back. They have not so I rang again. After being on hold for 15 mins I got talking to this omnipotent team member who was quite rude and eventually hang up on me in the middle of his own sentence! After which I tried the chat - still no luck as I need to speak with this special team. My husband had to jump through hoops as well to get his account closed. I wonder if this is on purpose and therefore something for Com Reg to look into.
View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Community Expert
If you close th eaccount you will lose your mobile number. If you want to leave just port away to a different network by visiting their store. If you want to switch to PAYG a mod can assist. Which do you want to do?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

I am having the exact same problem, its absolutely disgraceful that it is impossible to speak to someone on the customer service helpdesk number, I've called 6 times and have been on hold for over 2 hours now adding up the 6 calls. I have been patiently waiting to leave Vodafone because I think its the worst mobile phone network I've ever been with, and now that I am finally out of contract I cannot cancel because I cannot get intouch with ANYONE!

View more options
Community Expert
As above, which do you want to do?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Hi, I am ok to lose the number as I have moved abroad. I want to switch to PAYG or close the account altogether.
View more options
Poster
I'm still having trouble cancelling my account as my contract expired on the 27th December.they are an absolute disgrace the way they treat there long and loyal customers.they just don't want you closing your account.amateurs.
View more options
Poster
Exactly. I am raising the complaint with them and then onto the regulator. I think they are making the process cumbersome on purpose. You should be able to cancel by talking/emailing or chatting to any member of customer service not just some elusive team which never picks up the phone or calls back.
View more options
Community Expert
Just ask them to switch you to PAYG and then let the account die by not using it. Mods can assist in due course.
Cookie
View more options

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in responding. If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, we can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Heather.

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up