Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Mobile Billpay Packages

Can I get my old number back,pleaseeeeeeeeee

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hi.I have just returned to Ireland after working in Burma for 18 months and found that my mobile number has been taken away.
I have lots of stationary with my old number on it and old customers know my number
My number is removed and I have had the number for nearly 20 years.Please can I get my number back.Thank you very much.
View more options
12 REPLIES 12
Poster
Hi.I have just returned to Ireland after working in Burma for 18 months and found that my mobile number has been taken away.
I have lots of stationary with my old number on it and old customers know my number
My number is removed and I have had the number for nearly 20 years.Please can I get my number back.Thank you very much.

My issue has been resolved.
Thank you very much to the vodaphone support team.
View more options
Poster

I have the same problem, Can you Please Please help me?

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Keith,

If you send me a PM, throught the link in my signature,

with your name, address, d.o.b. and the number you're talking about, I'll take a look for you.

Regards

Sean

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Keith,

As the number has been switched off for more than six months, it wouldn't be possible for us to just reconnect it. I think your best course of action would be to pop into your nearest Vodafone store and do a new connection. if that number is still available, and unfortunately there is no guarantee, they should be able to get it assigned to you.

Regards

Sean

If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi,

Is it possible to get a pre pay number back from Vodafone that has not been used in over 3 years, the phone and sim were destroyed abroad, and my son is coming back now and would like his old number back, but transferred to his new provider.

Rgds

V

View more options
Community Expert

Highly unlikely. It's just too long of a time. Vodafone recycle unused numbers per their T&C's:
http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/

Numbers and SIM Card
You shall not have any proprietary rights whatsoever in any mobile phone number allocated to you by Vodafone. Vodafone reserves the right at any time to alter or replace a mobile phone number allocated to you or any other name, code or number whatsoever associated with the Service.

You may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to your account.

If the equipment remains inactive or no call credit is applied for a period of 8 months or such other period as Vodafone may advise, all unused Call credit will be lost.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
Really sorry, there is no way of reconnecting the number - the longest you can go without topping up is 8 months, if the number has not been used for 3 years, it's definitely been recycled by now.

Thanks,

To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Can I get back my old number which I lost 2 years back. When I ring it says you are not dialling a valid number.
View more options
Poster
I lost the sim 2 years back and when I try calling it says you are not dialling a valid number. Please help to get my old number back.
View more options

Hi there,

As mobile numbers are a limited resource, Vodafone is required, under numbering regulations to recycle all numbers that have been disconnected for over 6 months. These numbers are then re-assigned to new packs and distributed to the retail channels.

Therefore it is not possible to reconnect you on this number. However you can purchase a Sim Pack with a brand new number through a Retail Store or on the Online Store on vodafone.ie

Danielle 

View more options
Poster
I too have the same problem, what is worst is my exact same number is given to another person. All my calls n messages going to this person!
View more options
Poster
I have same problem. I was out of the country.
What is worst is my same number has been assigned to another person. My number was updated with my banks n all my friends call my old number.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up