Search in Community:
Poster

Advance Deposit

Hi. I'm currently trying to sign up for the 60Euro/month package. However, I'm being asked for an advance deposit of 400Euros. Why is this? I am a homeowner, have no debts or credit cards, do not have bad credit history and am in full time employment. My wife is a Vodafone customer and has been for the last 3 years; all her bills have been paid on time. The reason I'm trying to sign up for a contract is to avoid huge up-front fees. 400Euros seems silly and excessive, particularly when I can sign up with a different provider for nothing. I am aware that the 400Euros gets refunded as bill credit, but that is not the point. I simply do not want to fork out such a huge amount in one go. Can anyone shed any light on why I'm being asked for this?

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (185 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,001
Solutions: 177

Re: Advance Deposit

Mods might be able to advise but in simple terms Vodafone do not have access to the Irish Credit Bureau so cannot confirm anything you say. They have an in house risk assessment system that decides based on answers you supply (term with bank, term with mortgage term with job). They wont disclose exactly how they calculate.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S8 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 5 (184 Views)

Hi there,

I can confirm that each case is judged on its own merits, but many factors are taken into account when you are being asked for an advanced payment towards your upgrade - such as how long you have been with Vodafone and if you have previously had a 24 month contract and shown you can pay this out (just to name a couple). If you originally attempted to process your order online, I would recommend that you drop into one of our stores, here my colleagues have the capacity to run further credit checks than our online store can perform, this could result in a far lesser deposit being required or no deposit at all.

http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/paymonthly/index.jsp#general

Vodafone may require the Customer to pay a deposit before connection is made and/or after connection , as security for payment of Charges. A deposit is refundable after Contract termination or after a satisfactory payment record is established and the Customer has paid all amounts owing to Vodafone. Advance payments may also be required of the Customer, which shall be credited to the Customer’s account. No interest shall accrue on any deposit or advance payment.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 3 of 5 (183 Views)
Topics: 111
Kudos: 501
Solutions: 96

Posted from Android 2.0

Ashling I've sent a pm to you any chance of replying?

The day of idiots is upon us!!!!
Message 4 of 5 (180 Views)
Highlighted

Hi EvilJebus,

I have just responded to your PM, apologies for the delay.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 5 of 5 (179 Views)