Support:

HTC

Search in Community:
Poster
Oliver1977

HTC One Sync Manager Crashes

Hi all,

Having nightmare time with my HTC One, moved from iPhone 4/iTunes which worked flawlessly.

HTC Sync Manager keeps crashing/closing with no error message. Get the splash screen, the main program, then finding media and then closes. When I attach the phone it loads then says the phone is locked (which it is not) and crashes (no error message).

I cannot sync any contacts, calanders, music - although it did briefly get some contacts over at one stage.

HTC Support have no idea and say this has never happened before. They got me to uninstall all HTC elements and reinstall without any firewall, AV and offline (net). No luck.

I have Windows 7 64 bit with a quad core 8GB RAM.

Would really love to get this phone working. iTunes worked without any issues. I get the feeling HTC Sync Manager is not the best programmed in the world...

I got my HTC One last month from Vodafone, moving from O2. Is there an option to return if it I cant get this to work?

Thanks everyone.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (1,765 Views)
Please use plain text.
EvilJebus
Topics: 83
Kudos: 359
Solutions: 77

Re: HTC One Sync Manager Crashes

The software problem with the HTC sync manager is nothing to do with Vodafone, the phone has the ability to make receive calls so it can't be returned it's working as it should. Did you take the sim lock off the phone when syncing?
Monkeys stole my underpants!!!!
Message 2 of 5 (1,763 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Oliver1977

Yes sim lock is off. Although the problem is with the software, a company should sell products that are functional. I know it is a nightmare with all the possible hardware and software combinations out there but I really need to sync my calanders and contacts regularly like I used to with my iphone.

If I bought a TV from Harvey Norman and the remote did not work, under consumer law I can return it to the reseller.

I am very happy with Vodafone since my switch, and I don't expect that the option is theren to change my phone at this stage, but I just though I'd ask. If not I will need to buy a new iphone which is going to cost me big because this HTC and its software is unusable. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,761 Views)
Please use plain text.
EvilJebus
Topics: 83
Kudos: 359
Solutions: 77

Vodafone only sell the phone they don't make the HTC sync software, it worked fine for me when I had the one x, did you try download it from the website or install it from the phone?
Monkeys stole my underpants!!!!
Message 4 of 5 (1,758 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 207

Hiya,

As EJ says, this seems to rest firmly in the hands of HTC - it's not a part of the phone itself, it's a program for the PC, HTC support are the folks who would be your point of contact.

Much as I'd like to help, I've not even seen this program used, so any troubleshooting would be very limited.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 5 of 5 (1,672 Views)
Please use plain text.