Support:

HTC

Search in Community:
Poster

CyanogenMod ROM and APNs

One of the great joys of an Android phone, is the opportunity to change the operating system every weeks. And one of the best ROMs available out there in CyanogenMod 6.1.

Unfortunately, when you install this particular ROM on your Vodafone handset, it will automatically create all the APNs for you. This may sound like a good thing -- and for many of you it is -- but for me the result was nearly disastrous. Without my realizing it, my Nexus One phone started using the isp.vodafone.ie APN instead of the live.vodafone.ie APN to which I was not entitled access. As a result, and with very moderate data usage, I ran up a bill of about €90.

This was not Vodafone's fault, but my own for not checking the APNs after my upgrade, but they very kindly agreed to waive the charges for my stupidity.

So, I thought I'd post here to a) thank vodafone for their great service and b ) warn anybody else who installs cyanogen mod on vodafone in Ireland to remove any extra APNs from their phones before downloading anything.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 2 (8,229 Views)
Topics: 25
Kudos: 456
Solutions: 350

Re:CyanogenMod ROM and APNs

One of the great joys of an Android phone, is the opportunity to change the operating system every weeks. And one of the best ROMs available out there in CyanogenMod 6.1.

Unfortunately, when you install this particular ROM on your Vodafone handset, it will automatically create all the APNs for you. This may sound like a good thing -- and for many of you it is -- but for me the result was nearly disastrous. Without my realizing it, my Nexus One phone started using the isp.vodafone.ie APN instead of the live.vodafone.ie APN to which I was not entitled access. As a result, and with very moderate data usage, I ran up a bill of about €90.

This was not Vodafone's fault, but my own for not checking the APNs after my upgrade, but they very kindly agreed to waive the charges for my stupidity.

So, I thought I'd post here to a) thank vodafone for their great service and b ) warn anybody else who installs cyanogen mod on vodafone in Ireland to remove any extra APNs from their phones before downloading anything.

Thanks very much for the feedback, much appreciated.
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 2 of 2 (8,229 Views)