Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
From 04.04.19 to 29.04.19 responses may be delayed. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Technical Support

emails won't send

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

My ISP is Vodafone. My emails from Microsoft Outlook won't send. In the settings my outgoing mail server is coming up as mail.vodafone.ie 

The error message said to contact my ISP or server administrator. I contacted Vodafone customer service on the phone but was told that, even though mail.vodafone.ie is showing as my outgoing mail server in Microsoft Outlook settings,  it was nothing to do with Vodafone (am a bit bewildered by this)  and that as my incoming mail server  still shows as webmail at eircom.net (from having been an eircom customer years ago) I should contact Eir.

I tried ringing Eir but couldn't get past the enter your phone number part as I am not showing on their system (understandably). The error message showing up in Microsoft Outlook is  0x80042109,

I would appreciate any suggestions as to what might fix this (emails were sending yesterday so maybe it is a     

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Community Expert

Seems to be a known issue but Mods wont be back until Monday to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click support at the top of this page then choose the service you need support with (bill or pre pay. etc..). Click CHAT icon that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the next screen.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Vodafone is switching off the server that was used to send customers’ outgoing email to its destination.

This server was introduced when Vodafone email addresses were offered to customers (addresses like myname@vodafone.ie).

We retired the Vodafone email service in 2014 and are now completing the removal of the outgoing email server

Thanks,

Danielle 

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster
I have an eircom. Net as one of my email accounts. I need to use an outgoing smtp from my service provider Vodafone so was usingmail.vodafone.ie

If above is being shut down what should I use? Thanks Töny
View more options
Community Expert
You can use the eir outgoing server.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up