Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Fixed Service Technical Support

Twinning and Forwarding Problem

Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

I went to use call forwarding on the 15/3 which I use for my business and have done so for many years with vodafone,but to my dismay the service was unavailable I rang vodafone and after 90mins on the phone with people attemting to fix the problem.I was told due to a system update call twinning and forwarding would not be available until the 19/3.

On the 21/3 I had to contact vodafone again because the issue was not resolved,I was informed by a custom care agent that if I wanted to use call forwarding I would have to contact vodafone directly as the option to call forward and twinning has been removed from my online account.So I asked them to forward or twinning the landline to my mobile which I was told it had been done,but it was NOT done.I need this done for the weekend as I have already missed a bank holiday weekend at great cost to me,is there anyone in vodafone that can fix this???

View more options
15 REPLIES 15
Community Expert

Mods wont be back until tomorrow to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click support at the top of this page then choose the service you need support with (bill or pre pay. etc..). Click CHAT icon that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the next screen. Or you could private message them (which ever mod you see online) the following info:
- Account number:
- Address:
- Date of birth:
- Link to your thread or post:

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Hi Thanks for the reply I lived chat with vodafone online and was told call forwarding was active I said it was not working they said its a technical fault and to call 1907 which I have rang numerous times in the past week.

So i rang 1907 again explained my problem again,I was put through to someone who told me the problem was fixed but it was NOT fixed.

I was given numbers to dial when I wanted activate and deactivate call forwarding

*71*my mobile# Activate

#71# Deactivate

When I ring these I get " were sorry we cannot complete the requested action "

Its been over a week and I need this fixed???

View more options
Community Expert

I'm afraid that mods wont be back until Monday to help. Maybe live chat again?

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Its now the 27/3 and I am so feed up with vodafone customer service,I called again the other day explained my problem to agent 1 was transferred to agent 2 who told me he would fix it waited 35 minutes on hold,then someone else came on the phone who had no idea about my problem so 15 minutes later he told me the issue would be escalated to there second team and he would 100% call me back the next day,but he did not.
Can anyone tell me please is this problem so unfixable that no one in vodafone can resolve it,no matter how many times you call and how many people you speak to the only thing that is changing is my blood pressure.

View more options

Hi there, 

Apologies for the delay in responding to your query. Could you please send us a private message (via the link in my signature) with the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Security PIN (or, if you don't have this, your address and date of birth):

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ailís

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Frequent Poster

I have signed up for mobile twinning on My Vodafone.

Surprisingly, the fact that twinning and call forwarding are available as part of a SIRO installation is not widely advertised and although all that's needed to benefit from twinning and call forwarding is to tick two checkboxes in My Vodafone, the section of the website where these facilities are displayed and offered to customers is not easy to find.

There's no doubt in my mind that both these services could revolutionise the integration of Vodafone's  landline and mobile phone services and my short experience of mobile twinning (which worked for me straight out of the box) suggests that twinning a mobile with a landline does exactly what it says on the tin.

However, I could find no information on the Vodafone website about whether either or both of these services are free and my efforts to get answers about any up front or hidden costs by having a live chat with cutomer services came to nothing. Essentially, the customer service representative I spoke to had no idea and his promise to find the answer from his colleagues and get back to me within 24 hours only resulted (as on previous similar encounters) in a deafening silence. I decided not try again or to use the 1907 service to try and get an answer since, although my time is my own, I would rather keep it that way than spend chunks of it asking questions which can't be answered or hanging on the end of the phone for ages waiting for someone at the other end to pick up.

Any information about the costs (if any) of mobile twinning and call forwarding would be gratefully received.

Empowering live chat representatives to be able to answer simple questions like this without having to go up the chain of command in search of an answer doesn't seem to me to be too much to expect and a reminder to representatives that promises to provide an answer within 24 hours should be kept, not broken.

View more options

Hi there, 

We can confirm that call twinning is free but only works with a Vodafone mobile number. Any call forwarding is essentially the landline making a call to the mobile number so if you are not covered for mobile calls in your package this will be a charged call. ~Ailís

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Frequent Poster
Thanks Ailis - quick and to the point. Query answered. Thanks again.
View more options
Poster

Its been 47 DAYS since my call forwarding and twinning has disappeared ???

Vodafone have told me this is not a widespread issue,but is only effecting my account,and after 47 DAYS they cannot fix it,but they have had there best people on it.

If someone had told me at the start and not pretending they would be able to fix it I would have changed provider,but instead the only thing vodafone have manage to do is take a chunk out of my business

well do vodafone.

View more options
Poster

Could someone tell me how to make a formal complaint to vodafone,as customer service have cease communication with me,still waiting on a call back.

I assume it is because the fault has not been repaired,but at this stage it has gone beyond a joke now.

View more options
Frequent Poster
First of all you should submit your complaint by post, in writing, to Vodafone customer service.

Secondly, you should contact ComReg, the industry regulator, and put your complaint before them.

Thirdly, if your business and your income have suffered unreasonably because Vodafone has failed to deliver the service they contracted to provide you with, you should consult a solicitor to try and reach a resolution and to advise you about your rights and the prospect of recovering any financial losses you incur as a result of Vodafone’s failure to address your problem.
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
Our complaints process is linked here.

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Thank you for your replies,I will start the process.

Thanks

View more options
Poster

Hi can someone help me I am trying to get a Complaint reference number I called 1907 the other day,after speaking to a customer service agent and explaining the fault I was told only a manager can issue a Complaint reference number.He told me  I would get a call back from a manager,but nobody called back.

Thanks

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
I've sent you a private message with the details you requested.

Thanks,

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up