Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Technical Support

SIRO Speed issues

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hello.

Customer Number xxxxxxxxx Please check my line for very slow internet connection !!! Please, do not start asking about how it is connected, I am a computer worker, on my side everything is in the rage. I change nothing in my configuration, after the phone call to Vodafone tehnical support the speed of the internet returns to a satisfactory level. After a few weeks, the speed drops to 2-3 Mbps, another phone to technical support and once again the speed returns to a satisfactory level. 

Screenshot from today https://imgur.com/a/S81JMrR

View more options
8 REPLIES
Community Expert

Please dont post private information on a public forum as it is a security risk. It is also against forum rules. Instead Private message a moderator.

Mods wont be back until tomorrow to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click support at the top of this page then choose the servuce you need supprot with (bill or pre pay. etc..). Click CHAT icon that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the next screen.

It will matter to them if this is a wired or wireless speedtest.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Thanks for replay Cookie20.

and it started .....
With all due respect, but what does it matter if on the same computer sometimes I have a download speed of 372Mbps and sometimes like today 7Mbps. I know the limitations of wireless networks.

4K movies in the home wireless network play without any frets, so it's probably not the fault of the wireless network.

The same computer, the same configuration of wireless home network:

Screenshot from September 2018  https://imgur.com/a/wi7ca1v

View more options
Community Expert
Because as I said that is what they will ask for. You can work with the process or rage against it but by working with it you'll get things sorted faster.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Screenshot from today https://imgur.com/a/W7VS1eJ 

It was Vodafone's fault, unless my router rested overnight and woke up refreshed and working at full speed???

My NAS server connected to two 10GBase-T LANs showed the same very slow internet speed!!!

I do not understand why the sorting always starts from the client's side but usually it is the fault of Vodafone, shared links, leased lines, about which Vodafone does not speak loudly!

Not all clients are not technical!!!

Have a nice day!

View more options
Poster
View more options
Community Expert
"Technical" and "expert" are quite often very subjective. Very glad it's back to normal for you.
Cookie
View more options
Poster

Thank you for your help.

View more options

Hi there,

We're delighted to hear you're back up and running Smiley Happy

Thanks for the assistance here cookie!

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up