Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Technical Support

Router firmware update for version B024 or below

Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Community Manager
Community Manager

If your Vodafone modem is currently using an old firmware version (B024 or below) then you will first have to update the device to version B025 before upgrading to the latest available version (B031). Follow the instructions below:

1. Click here to download the B025 firmware file

On the popup dialog box click Save and choose a location to save the ZIP folder to.

Open the ZIP folder and move the BIN file to a convenient location such as your desktop; you will need to locate this file later on.

2. Click on this link http://192.168.1.1 to open your modem’s configuration page.

3. When prompted, use the following details* to log in:

User Name: advanced
Password: advanced

4. Please note! If you have previously made changes to the default settings for the Wireless, LAN, FTP or Print Server parameters etc. then you should take note of these changes before upgrading the firmware and then manually re-apply them after you have completed the update to the latest firmware version.

5. From the left hand menu select Management then Update Software.

6. Click on the Browse... button, locate the BIN file you extracted earlier from the ZIP folder and click Open.

7.  Click the Update Software button.  Do NOT power off your modem while the software update is in progress!

It will take about 2 minutes for the update to be applied, after which the modem will automatically restart itself.

7. After the firmware upgrade process had completed it is recommended that you restore the default settings of the modem.

8. From the left hand menu select Management > Settings > Restore Default

9. Click the Restore Default Settings button and click OK when prompted.

10. The modem is now ready to upgrade to the latest available firmware. Click here to download Firmware Version B031.

On the popup dialog box click Save and choose a location to save the ZIP folder to.

Open the ZIP folder and move the BIN file to a convenient location such as your desktop; you will need to locate this file later on.

11. Return to your modem’s configuration page, from the left hand menu select Management then Update Software.

12. Click on the Browse... button, locate the BIN file you extracted earlier from the ZIP folder and click Open. Make sure the BIN file you select is the second one you downloaded (the filename ends in …B031SP03.bin).

13.  Click the Update Software button.  Do NOT power off your modem while the software update is in progress!

It will take about 2 minutes for the update to be applied, after which the modem will automatically restart itself and reconnect to the Internet.

* If the advanced login details do not work then try the following instead:
User Name: admin
Password: VF-IRhg556

If you are still unable to login to the modem interface then you can physically reset the device by pressing and holding the Reset button on the rear panel of for five seconds. 

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Poster

Hi,

I completed this firmware update last night. After following steps 7, 8 and 9 to restore default settings my modem rebooted but I have been unable to connect to it. The message I am receiving says that the information stored on my computer for the modem does not match? I have tried re-entering the WPA key with no sucess. Any suggestions as to how I might fix this?

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,

Have you also tried this with an Ethernet cable?

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
mjf
Poster

Before the upgrade was your WiFi key set to somehting other than the facotry default? If yes, then in step 9 (Restore Default Settings) your wireless key gets restored to factory defaults.

You can update this via two methods:
1. Connect an ethernet cable, access the admin GUI and update WiFi key to your previous configuration

2. Update the WiFi key on your PC to the factory default (back of modem), access the admin GUI and update WiFi key to your previous configuration. Once complete, update key on your PC 

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yep, what MJF said...

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Hi. i need HG658c firmware Update for Turkey. i reset my modem than i don't my telephone on voip. vodafone turkey could not fix the problem.

View more options
Community Expert
This is an Irish forum. You'd need to contact vodafone Turkey for assistance.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up