Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
From 04.04.19 to 29.04.19 responses may be delayed. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Technical Support

Outstanding bill

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hi, my husband gone to another country because him mother was in the last monts because of cancer, he is still there, I just receive a letter for outstanding bill, 115€, this is from 11 of January, they inform if I’m not paying in 48hours it goes to credit insights, please what can I do to pay him bill ?
View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Poster

Hi

My mother recieved a bill for 104 euro for the cancellation of her red connect sim only plan. The plan was sold to her over the phone from one of your agents last year and she never recieved a written contract from Vodafone advising of a minimum term or any of the terms and conditions. She transferred to the 3 network over xmas on a sim only deal as she kept getting charged for out of bundle data uses despite being advised by the tele agent that the plan would suit her needs. Before transferring to 3 she specifically asked the store operative in our local carphone warehouse woudl she be charged anything for terminating the vodafone red connect plan and she was advised that she would not incur any charges for cancelling. We belive that the bill for 104 euro is unjust, can you advise on what recourse we have on this matter 

View more options
Community Expert
If she agreed to a contract over the phone then there will be a recording of such for those purposes where she would have been notified of the minimum term. If it's confirmed there was and she broke the term early then the fee would be valid. Carphone warehouse should not have said anything as they would have no idea of what contract terms she'd previously agreed to. Mods can check this out for you but I'd be complaining to Carphone warehouse for telling her false info they could not have known.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Community Expert

@Mihaela1 wrote:
Hi, my husband gone to another country because him mother was in the last monts because of cancer, he is still there, I just receive a letter for outstanding bill, 115€, this is from 11 of January, they inform if I’m not paying in 48hours it goes to credit insights, please what can I do to pay him bill ?

If you are added as an authorised user of your husbands account you can pay the bill over the phone. Or get him to add you. Vodafone can only deal with authorised account holders/users under GDPR I'm afraid.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Hi Cookie. Thanks for responding. The operative in the carphone warehouse had apparently checked that the contract could be terminated without incurring penalties so we will definitlely be having words with them. The whole thing about enteirng a contract over the phone without ever recieving written communication of the terms and conditions etc. leaves a sour taste. The person could be intoxicated or on medication when taking the call for example and may not have the where with all to say no. My mother isnt the most tech savy person and only answered the call and accepted the offer after persistent pestering / calling  from the tele agent. I have my boradband with vodafone which i have no issues with but I cant count the amount of times ive told tele agents I have no need or intrest in Vodafone TV but the calls keep coming. The bill is only small in the grand scheme of things but the whole practice pesteirng people into contracts seems to be a handy money spinner for Vodafone. I will be advising her to take her chances and not to pay it. Thanks for the response all the same  

View more options
Community Expert

There is no way Carphone warehouse could check that accurately. If they did that would be a breach of GDPR.

Re over the phone contract, there will always be a recording of a new contract agreement and there will always be a cooling off period to cancel it. So if the person regrets it in the light of day they can cancel during that period without penalty.

I agree in general with what you say and that's why I tend to manage all my parents negotiations on services like this and domestic bills. 

Cookie
View more options

Hi there, 

Apologies for the delay in responding to your query. 

@Mihaela1 A payment can be made in a Vodafone retail store, Online banking, the Post office or through 1907 with a customer care agent or the automated payment service. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

@gillysome As Cookie has advised another provider/store would not be able to check our data base if the number is not on their network. If you are named on your mothers account we can take a further look into this if you could send us a PM with the below details. 

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ailís

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up