No Internet

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hello.

I received few days ago an email ant text that my Vodafone home broadband service is now active and ready for use. Unfortunately, after the correct modem connection, I found that I do not have the internet. I checked the socket and it looks like a proper connection, I checked the cabinet outside the house and it looks right too. Only power and wi-fi lights green, Internet does not lit. I'm sure I connected everything correctly. Please help solve this problem.

Best regards

View more options
30 REPLIES

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this, in cases such as these, we would recommend that you contact our dedicated technical team on freephone 1907 (option 2) where they can troubleshoot with you directly over the phone. You will need to call them from a mobile phone when you are at home and have your Vodafone At Home customer account number available. If you are unsure of what your customer number is, we can retrieve this for you here if you could private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info?

Address:

Date of birth:

Email address:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

I have followed your advice and I still have this problem. After 2 hours I got text that the problem is solved but I still do not have internet connection, so I wrote back "NO". Will I ever get the connection or should I look for another provider?Smiley Frustrated

View more options

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this, I can confirm that our tech team are still in the process of investigating this issue and will be in contact with you as soon as an update is available, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Ashling

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Still no internet. Smiley Frustrated

View more options

Hi there,

I have chased this up with our second line tech team and it has been confirmed that a fault is currently being investigated by our engineers, unfortunately there is no further news at this time, however our tech team will be in touch as soon as an update is available.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Today the installer checked the line and said that it looks good. In addition, he replaced the telephone socket. So the line is ok and the internet is still lacking.

View more options

Hi there,

Once our tech team has received the engineers report, they will be in contact with you directly to follow up.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Still no connection. It's time to find a new internet provider. Vodafone probably not meet my expectations.

View more options

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear this, due to unforeseen circumstances; we're continuing to work with our partners to have services restored as soon as possible to the areas affected by storm Ophelia. Once service has been fully restored in your area and if you continue to experience issues with your broadband, we can follow this up for you.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Can you explain why I got a broadband bill for € 71 if I still do not have an Internet connection?

Part Month Charges:

Vodafone Talk 18 Sep - 27 Sep €8.33

Simply Broadband (18 Month) 28 Sep - 14 Oct €22.67

Recurring Items:

Simply Broadband (18 Month) 15 Oct - 14 Nov €40.00

View more options
Community Expert
In general once the fault is fixed Mods can then look into this for you.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

ha......

To call you does not make sense. Before I go through the procedures, time to work or sleep.

I pay for internet for over a year. I have no or I have very weak. 0.45mb. It's not fun anymore. If I do not pay you after the conversation and nothing changes I pay a penalty. for what? you should pay it. I have enough.

You can not even contact you by email. Only infolin, which does not solve anything. absolutely nothing.

I am writing about a place in Killarney. Loreto Chapel. There is already a fiber. Everyone is moving to Eir and I have to do that because you are sleeping. And I pay. Enough. I will write on all forums until you change anything.

View more options

Cookie is spot on, once the relevant work has been completed and your issue is resolved, we would happy to review any charges that have occurred for the cost of your broadband package.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

So I have to pay € 71 for nothing and wait that maybe someday vodafone will solve my issues and give me my money back? Why should I believe that this time vodafone will fulfill its promise?

View more options

If you could get in touch with us here once our tech team has resolved your service issue, we can have the relevant credit applied to your account.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Your tech team is solving  my service issue too long so I can believe that they will succeed. Besides, as I wrote above, I intend to use another broadband provider.

View more options

If you wish to cancel your broadband service, I would be happy to have the relevant credit applied to your account once I can see that your cancellation request has been processed by our care team.

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Is your tech team still trying to solve my issue ? I would like to know if my waiting makes sense?

View more options

Hi there,

If you follow this link, you will have visibility on our expected time frames for repairs to be completed.

Thanks,

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up