Fixed Service Technical Support

My HG659 is unstable

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hello,

I have a relatively new FTTH connection and my router (HG659) seems really flaky. It has needed 4 reboots over the past 2 days alone. I did a factory reset after the third reboot, but it still died after a few hours. When i say died... the router appears to be running but the DHCP server is dead and it won't respond to requests on the web interface. Wifi also stops.

I would replace it with my own device except the Vodafone TV box and phone line seem to require a Vodafone supplied router.

I have researched the issue and apparently the HG659 is not ideal for situations where the local network is in heavy use (to put it kindly). Therefore I'd like to skip the step of getting a replacement HG659 and request a Gigabox, as they seem to perform better in this sort of situation. Is this feasible? The alternative as I see it is to drop voice and TV service and use my own router for basic internet service.

Anyway, many thanks for reading. Will happily provide details in PM.

(Aside: I tried live chat earlier, but after a 45 minute wait the agent told me to call 1907. I've been listening to the same two songs now for almost 3 hours. Hoping someone here can sort it out!)

View more options
3 REPLIES

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in responding, in order for our tech team to consider you for a gigabox replacement device, they would first need to determine if your existing device is faulty. The best thing to do here would be to contact our tech team directly on 1907 (option 2) where they can troubleshoot the device settings with you directly over the phone.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Thanks for the reply. The device hasn't crashed since I wrote the message, so maybe it's sorted itself out. I will contact 1907 if it happens again.

Regards,
Kevin
View more options

That's great to hear, fingers crossed all goes well and you don't need to contact our tech team Smiley Happy

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up