Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Technical Support

Manual for GigaBox admin page?

Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hi

Is there a manual available anywhere for the admin website for the GigaBox modem? In particular, I’m interested in configuring the parental controls. I’ve managed to work out how to do the time restrictions without any instructions but how to add some IP filter settings isn’t obvious without some sort of explanation of the fields on the form.

Thanks

Michelle
View more options
9 REPLIES 9
Poster
Anyone??? Thanks Smiley Happy
View more options
Poster
Seriously, has noone here ever set up the parental controls on the GigaBox?? Thanks!
View more options
Community Expert

For the Gigabox modem, please see the links below:

Video tutorials are right here.
To install the Gigabox app, click here.
An easy to follow first time setup guide is linked here.
For advanced functions, we have a full support section available at this link.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Thank you, but I can’t see anything about parental controls or the web admin interface in any of the above. The app is useless unfortunately, it doesn’t handle parental controls at all Smiley Sad
View more options
Poster
Apologies the video “logging in to your GigaBox modem” touches briefly on parental controls but doesn’t mention how to do the Ip filtering, just the more self explanatory time restrictions.
View more options
Community Expert

You do so through the app. It's supposed to control how and when the wifi is on. 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vodafone.gigabox

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
That turns off the WiFi entirely. The web admin allows much more fine grained control by device, I don’t want to lose everything, only certain devices at certain times. But as I said, I’ve already done that, what I want to do is more sophisticated IP filtering, so I can block certain websites, but the web admin doesn’t say how to do it and the form is quite complicated and not self explanatory, hence I was looking for a manual
View more options
Community Expert
This is the most detailed manual available for the gigabox but I dont think it goes into the full detail you want:

https://n.vodafone.ie/content/dam/gowingmyself/site-structure/support/vodafone-gigabox-vox3_user-gui...
Cookie
View more options
Poster
Thank you so much for trying to help. It looks like it may not be available so. I’ll see if I can work it out somehow
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up