Search in Community:
Poster

Lost phone

Posted from Samsung SM-A520F
Hi. Lost my phone today while in Copenhagen. I need to get my phone cancelled, and find out if I can keep my old number when I buy a new phone when back in Ireland.
An help please.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (55 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,039
Solutions: 196

Re: Lost phone

Mods wont be back until tomorrow to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click talk to us at the bottom of this page then choose whether you're on bill or pre pay. It should pop up then. If Chrome browser acts up then try a different browser as some versions don't appear to play well with the links.

Or call them:

+353 1 203 8232

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 5 (54 Views)
Contributor

You will be able to get your phone number back when your in Ireland.

Any idea where you lost your phone? I would guess a friendly Dane might have handed in somewhere.

Message 3 of 5 (51 Views)

Hi there,

I’m really sorry to hear this. if you could private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, we can bar your handset for you?

Mobile number,

Full address

DOB

Can you please make up a four digit (numbers only) password that can be used to unbar this handset if you find it again?

If you call into any Vodafone Ireland store with a form of photo ID, they will be able to give you a replacement SIM card with the same number.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 5 (46 Views)
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 413
Solutions: 42

@Bonhoff wrote:
Hi. Lost my phone today while in Copenhagen. I need to get my phone cancelled, and find out if I can keep my old number when I buy a new phone when back in Ireland.
An help please.

Worth asking - what type of phone and are you fimiliar with the different tracking feautures built into most smartphones?

If it was a phone on Android for example, if you are signed into Google online (using the same account you use on the phone), if you just type into the google search bar "Where is my phone" it can show you its current location, or if powered off, its last known location.

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 5 of 5 (43 Views)