Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Technical Support

Landline speeds slowed down

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Was on the phone with the Vodafone tech support people earlier today who were fixing a problem with the landline broadband, the person I was speaking to said they were slowing down the speeds momentarily to fix the issue and that he'd put it back to normal when he was done. He evidently never did as it's now 1/4 of the speed it was before the issue as tested on multiple devices both over wifi and connected directly to the router, and having reset the router. Would appreciate if it could be returned to normal as it's making the service unusable.

View more options
8 REPLIES
Community Expert

Mods wont be back until Monday to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click talk to us at the bottom of this page then choose whether you're on bill or pre pay. It should pop up then. If Chrome browser acts up then try a different browser as some versions don't appear to play well with the links.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in responding, can you confirm if you're still experiencing issues with your home broadband speeds?

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Hi Mod’s, I’m also experiencing roughly 1/4 of normal download speed but only for the past two days.
Hope to hear from someone on Monday but hoping issue resolved itself before then.
TY
View more options

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this, can you confirm if you're still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Ashling

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

I tested my speed last night at 8pm and it was 2.58mbs. 20 mins later on it was 39mbs. No consistency

View more options

The next time you experience this issue, you would be best placed getting in touch with our dedicated tech team on 1907 (option 2) where they can troubleshoot with you directly over the phone and diagnose what's causing these fluctuating speeds.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

ok thanks for your reply but the 15 min delay in talking to a spokeperson   turned me off from doing that and that's why I took this option.

View more options
Highlighted

I'm really sorry but as tech is our designated team trained to assist with issues such as this, you would be required to contact them directly on 1907 for further support.

Ashling

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up