Huawei HG659 - How to disable Firewall?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi,

Vodafone router creates a problem, it is blocking and preventing from mapping to the network resources behind another network device. Firewall on the HG659 keeps dropping network connections. 

In the settings it says there should be 3 options available for Firewall: High, Low and Disable. However when I click on dropdown there is no option to "Disable".

Can someone help please? Huawei HG659 - How to disable Firewall?

Regards,

Kon 

View more options
4 REPLIES
Poster
Anyone can help?
View more options

Hi there,

I have asked our tech team for their advice on this one, as soon as I have news, I'll be in touch.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options

Hi there,

Unfortunately our tech team has advised that due to the risks attached to disabling your firewall, we do not offer support on this. Apologies we couldn't be of more assistance here.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi,

I have a firewall behind your router which is far more sophisticated rather then your modem box. I have to admit not having option to disable firewall will force me to move to another provider as I can't access services I need because your box is blocking traffic.

You have to be clear when you sell braodband, that people will be able to use only websites and webservices you support but any other will be blocked due to your firewall settings.

Thanks anyway, Solution - move to another internet provider with normal software and hardware and people oriented support, even Virgin or Eir.

P.S. Can avoid/workaround firewall with Bridge Mode. However it require device behind the router. Custom login also will be required - 

ADSL - user: vodafone@vodafone.ie , password: braodband
VDSL - *YourRouterSeril*@vfiefttc.ie, password: broadband

Regards,

Kon

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up