Welcome to Vodafone Community
Step one: Check your wiring and router setup
After performing each of the below steps, run a speed test as well as a data transfer test (download a large file, and note the peak transfer rate, as a general rule your speed is 1mb per 100k of the transfer rate), and note the result, as this will help identify any issues caused by the setup.
1) Remove any filters or splitters that may be attached to the router.
2) Move your router to the main drop point in your home (the point at which the telephone line enters the house).
3) Unplug anything else that uses a phone socket, including phones that may be plugged into the router, TV receivers etc.
4) Plug the computer into the router via Ethernet.
5) Perform the latest firmware update for your router, an update for the Vodafone supplied home gateway can be found here.
6) Unplug your router from the power socket for a minimum of 10 minutes , then plug it back in.
7) Leave the equipment set up in this manner for at least 24 hours and note the results.
8) Return each piece of equipment to its previous position in your home, testing between each if possible, again noting any difference in performance.
Step two: Manually assign DNS addresses to optimise connection speed
Change your DNS addresses using the steps below (Important: please only use the correct set of DNS addresses, using the incorrect set may result in a significant speed decrease).