Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Technical Support

DSL outages in Carrigtwohill?

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Our Internet seems to go out randomly for hours at a time, then come back on without resetting the router or changing anything. This has been going on all weekend. Any idea what's causing this?

View more options
5 REPLIES

Hi there,

If you are still experiencing issues with your home broadband; I would advise calling our dedicated technical team on freephone 1907 (option 2) where they can troubleshoot with you directly over the phone. You will need to call them from a mobile phone when you are at home and have your Vodafone At Home customer account number available.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
I tried that last night while it was out. After two minutes of going through menus, I got through to some (really loud) music. No message saying that operators were busy, estimate of how long I'd be waiting, or even if the line was staffed outside of office hours. I spent three more minutes on hold before hanging up; for all I know I'd have been on hold until morning.

I'd ring now, but it's working at the moment and imagine at best I'll get 'We can't do anything while it's working', but I worry I'd get some variation of 'I don't know, lol'.

Five days now we've been having issues and nobody has answered simple queries, just copied and pasted information I already have. I think because of the nature of the fault it's unlikely to be an equipment issue on my end. Unlikely, but not impossible. It'd be nice to know if other people in the area have had issues too.

Simple question : has their been outages in Carrigtwohill?
View more options

I can confirm that our call centre did suffer a short outage yesterday that impacted our ability to receive incoming calls, however we have since been advised that this issue has been resolved. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have reviewed the Carrigtwohill area and I can confirm that there are no reported outages at present and there are also no issues recorded for this area over the past 10 days. If you experience any further issues, we would recommend that you contact our tech team on 1907.

Thanks,

Ashling

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Thanks Aisling, it's been working all day so far, so fingers crossed...

If it's an equipment fault on our end it's a strange one; you'd expect it to be on or off, not going out and coming back without the equipment being touched.

Could you please confirm a couple of more things? Is tech support available outside of office hours? Also, when you say 'no outages reported', is it up to users to report outages or is detection equipment used?
View more options

Our tech team is available Monday to Friday from 9am - 9pm and Saturday - Sunday from 10am - 6pm.

We do rely on our customer to communicate if there is an issue with their service - if we received multiple reports of service issues in one particular area, our engineers would investigate further to establish what is causing this disturbance.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up