Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Technical Support

Broadband speed less than 100mbs download promised 1000mbs!

Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Customer Number: xxxxxxx CRN: xxxxxxx
Hi ,
I contacted the helpdesk yesterday, because although the 1000 (Siro) service was installed in my home replacing Virgin 240,
with an ethernet connected Laptop the download speed is confirmed as only 98mbs!
The helpdesk had me reset the box, and after trying some things the speed was confirmed as no faster.
I was told to re-check the speed again today. I have done this and the speed is still only 98mbs download again after direct connection to the modem via cable.
Can you please look at getting this issue resolved please? I replaced 240 reliable broadband with vodafone siro 1000 because of the greater speed, I am not receiving the service I signed up for, in fact I am not getting one tenth of this service.
I am aware that I have a 14 day cooling off period and would expect that if this issue is not resolved the equipment is removed and my wall is repaired with the contract cancelled, is this a reasonable expectation?.
Thank you
View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Community Expert

Please dont post private information on a public forum as it is a security risk. It is also against forum rules. Instead Private message a moderator.

Mods wont be back until Monday to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click support at the top of this page then choose the service you need support with (bill or pre pay. etc..). Click CHAT icon that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the next screen.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

I used the chat option and i was asked if i reset the modem, i responded that i talked with the helpdesk yesterday, this was done, as well other options the helpdesk operator said i should check 24 hours later, which i did and the download speed is still less than 100mbs.

The chat person then directed me to contact the helpdesk.

If i decide to exercise my option to avail of cancellation through the 14 day cooling off period, will the equipment be removed as well as the contract cancelled and my wall reverted to its previous state?

View more options
Community Expert
I dont work for Vodafone so cant definitively say. Mods can tell you on Monday.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Hi,

Can any of the Mods reply to my query on this please, as of today (im just home from work) its still the same.

Download speed connected via ethernet is 95mbs... obviously this is nowhere near what I should be getting.

Thank you

View more options

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in our response and to see you are experiencing issues. Please confirm the below details by private message and we'll take a look:

Account number:

Date of Birth:

Full address:

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up